Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Director of Demand Generation role:
As the Director of Demand Generation, you will own the strategy & execution for all of our lead channels - including digital, events, trade shows, & social. This is a highly collaborative role, working across Marketing, Sales, SDRs, & Customer Success to execute & improve lead programs. The primary goal for this position is pipeline creation & optimization of the marketing funnel. You should have strong experience delivering & measuring successful lead generation programs in a SaaS-based company.
Director of Demand Generation Responsibilities:
• Develop media & lead generation plans for both paid & house list campaigns across emails, webinars, PPC, display, & social
• Build & manage the demand gen budget across all channels & systems
• Manage database quality for both customers & prospects, lead routing, lead scoring, & reporting in the CRM system.
• Measure campaign performance against KPIs to improve funnel conversion rates over time
• Work closely with the entire marketing team to incorporate content, SEO/SEM, social, email, & events to drive integrated campaigns
• Forge strong communications with Marketing, Sales, & Customer Success teams, & support lead flow service level agreements (SLAs) between marketing & sales.
• 7+ years of experience in digital marketing
• Excellent analytical & quantitative skills to interpret data & translate it into action
• Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, with close attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills; able to mentor & drive a team to achieve desired results
• Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple people, vendors, & projects on deadline
• Comfortable in a start-up environment with an all hands on deck” mentality
• Expert in end-to-end campaign development, execution, & measurement
• Innovative out-of the box thinker. You know the playbook but you're not limited by it
• Proficient with Salesforce & Marketo or similar marketing automation tools
• Relevant experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, & A/B testing
• Excel proficiency, basic HTML & writing skills
• Experience managing 3rd party contractors - designers, writers, & agencies
• Media buying experience preferred
• Experience working at a SaaS company preferred
• B.A. in Business, Marketing, or a related field of study preferred