Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
As a Full-stack Engineer at OpenGov you'll build best-in-class SaaS solutions that enable efficiency, transparency, & accountability within government agencies. You'll be a key member of our engineering team, delivering new features & improvements in a fast-paced, agile environment using modern technologies, including ReactJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, NodeJS.
A typical day in this role would provide opportunities to optimize applications for speed & scalability & resolve a variety of unique technical challenges. Strong collaboration skills with product, UX, & platform engineers, along with the ability to execute quickly will enable your success.
Passion for good component design & solid application architecture comes naturally to you, as does navigating the troubled seas of browser compatibility. We value natural self-starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively & contribute to OpenGov's culture of respect, dedication, & fun. You value clean code, principles over dogma, & making the world a little better every day.
What you'll make happen:
• Write robust, highly performant, well-crafted code
• Design & develop well structured & easy to consume APIs
• Implement unit & integration tests to improve & maintain high code coverage
• Deliver quality, scalable, & maintainable software to customers at an impressive pace
• Contribute to OpenGov's Engineering culture of innovation, leading-edge technology adoption & quality
You get excited by:
• Discovering unique solutions to complex challenges
• Modern web technology, tools, & processes
• Cloud-based software deployment & delivery
• Constant learning & adaptation of latest technologies
• Specifier: you naturally drive for specificity, accuracy, & expertise
• Organizer: you instinctually organize objectives into specific tasks & workflows
• Transformer: you transform high-level concepts into tangible products
• Team Player: you are willing to take input from others & work toward a greater good
• Customer Focused: you are mindful of customers' needs & keep customers as a top focus
• Autonomous: you naturally self-manager & own your tasks from start to finish
• Craftsman: you take pride in your work & deliver quality software
Required Education & Experience:
• BA/BS in a computer-science related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
• 3-5 years professional experience with ReactJS, TypeScript, NodeJ
• 1+ years professional experience with a modern cloud platform (AWS/Azure)
• Experience submitting & reviewing pull requests
• Proven ability to collaborate with product management, stakeholders, designers, & engineers
• Preferred Education & Experience:
• Deep understanding of AWS cloud platform
• Experience with ERP or similar systems
• Experience with API design & testing
Location & Travel
• This position is 100% remote & can be located anywhere in the United States.
Position Type/Expected Hours:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are flexible & may vary based on need. Core business hours are established to allow for ample overlap between distributed teams. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.