Ritual is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to help improve the security of our applications as well as protect our employees, customers & partners. This is an opportunity to work with a widely-used consumer product & impact people on a global scale.You will work collaboratively with our Engineering teams to ensure security & privacy are considered throughout the development life cycle & partner closely with Product Managers & help them balance our product roadmap with privacy & security concerns.
- Bring security to front of development process. You need to be comfortable asking right questions, educating teams & evangelizing best practices
- Architect, build & manage new security systems including intrusion detection systems
- Conduct research on security-related topics, educate Ritual employees on security best practices & work to influence more secure behaviours & maintain compliance with different standards (SANS, ACM) & certifications (OFCP, PCI, DSS, CIS)
- Prepare plans for potential security breaches, identify threats & vulnerabilities to our systems & work remediate them
- Conduct network scans to find vulnerabilities & run penetration tests to simulate attacks
- Monitor & alert against suspicious behaviour using the latest & greatest tooling
To be successful, you need to
- Be passionate about securing applications & helping organizations improve their security practices
- Have in-depth knowledge of tooling related to disaster recovery, forensic analysis tools, & developing security policies & procedures
- Be proficient in Java, Python & have experience with tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, Docker & more
- Understand networking & know how to do a deep dive into network activity & intrusions
- Be an advocate & a teacher
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our customers & merchants. If you feel this role would be a good fit, but you don`t have all the skills or qualities listed, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. We are an online marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods & services more efficient. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 290+ people & has raised $150 million in venture funding.