PROGRAM LEAD, APPLICATION TRANSFORMATION
PIVOTALS STORY (VIDEO)
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on Program Lead you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications & architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You are a problem solver & the thought of collaborating with a team to help companies transform to meet the challenges of tomorrow excites you. Your experience working in a large enterprise allows you to empathize with the challenges facing your clients & help them incrementally improve. You enjoy working with other people & are motivated by creating lightbulb moments for the people you work with.
Our mission is to make customers' use of our products & solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, & business transformation specialists.
In this role, you will:
- Pair with customer Product Managers, stakeholders & technical teams to discover existing process value streams & to identify methods of incremental improvement that can be delivered in a short period
- Enable, coach, & lead customers through the agile process: leading inceptions, mid-point reviews, & engagement summaries. Attend daily standup meetings, retrospectives, iteration planning meetings as available
- Support the sales process by leading customer conversations on strategic topics and/or how our team can help deliver successful outcomes
- Work collaboratively on internal initiatives; maintaining backlogs, driving feature completion, reporting to senior management on progress & prioritization
- Ensure all parties are aligned on goals & progress for both specific products as well as larger programs that you are brought into
- Travel to & work on-site with customers at their locations or our Pivotal Labs offices (typically, 50% travel can be expected)
- Serve as an escalation point to ensure any roadblocks to success are addressed
IDEAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- You coach / mentor / lead teams with varied levels of experience with agile practices (e.g. Lean, Kanban, Scrum, XP) & tooling
- Comfortable in presenting to executive leadership on goals, metrics, successes & problems within a portfolio with an understanding of potential impacts to areas outside of the project/portfolio.Comfortable working with & influencing people at all levels of seniority in large enterprises
- You define OKRs & KPIs for the stakeholders of your product, & take pride in defining a product that positively changes these peoples lives
- You are experienced in the complexities of building & deploying software in the enterprise & use your creative mindset to improve velocity (Continuous Delivery) & reduce siloing (DevOps) to achieve a culture of continuous improvement
- You regularly use your relationship building skills to identify process dysfunction, work with people to define a better way, & use this to teach new skills, practices, approaches & values
- You have managed programs consisting of multiple related projects & teams. Led consultative discussions with senior level clients & prospects. Influenced adjacent stakeholders outside of your own portfolio of projects.
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- Software delivery experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-team initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with agile & organizational transformation
- Experience in modernizing legacy systems
- Experience with application portfolio rationalization
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Comfortable facilitating large meetings & group exercises & respectfully challenging preconceived ideas
- Familiarity with legacy enterprise software systems, plus an understanding of modern cloud development concepts
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.