Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze & act on feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, & integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , & unlock growth & innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team
As a member of the new SRE team at SurveyMonkey, you will automate away toil, help teams in AWS, & build tools to make development seamless. The SRE team is embedded amongst several developments that are responsible for some of the most trafficked applications within SurveyMonkey. The SRE team will be fully remote across North American time zones. This role presents a prime opportunity to ensure reliability, maintainability, performance, scalability, & security are at the forefront of our teams' products.
What we're looking for
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will partner with the application development & main infrastructure teams to architect & operate reliable, scalable, & performant services. You will have a huge impact on how we do things & help take our engineering excellence to the next level. You will report to the Senior Manager of Site Reliability Engineering.
- Partner with application developers & architects to ensure our services are built for scale, reliability & performance.
- Develop the monitoring solutions on top of existing observability platforms
- Refine the development, build & deployment processes on top of our main infrastructure
- Work with the engineering teams to architect & build our platform services to simplify real-time troubleshooting & operational response to incidents & outages
- Be the expert on how to best use AWS technologies to build our next-generation platform
- Bridge the divide between our core application engineers & our main infrastructure teams
- Provide capacity management expertise to ensure our deployments are managed for robustness & cost
- Bring best practices & own environment management, ensuring all of our dev/test/prod environments are reproducible with high availability
- A minimum 8 years experience operating in a large-scale environment
- Experience improving the services & customer experiences of the platforms you support
- Experience in application architecture designs & implementations, including the operational trade-offs of different designs
- Knowledge of different aspects of service design: including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies, & software design practices
- Experience making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed
- Developed accomplished SRE engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.