At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a stellar Senior Community Affairs Manager to help support & promote Lyft's state & local policy initiatives. Reporting to the Community Affairs Director, the Senior Community Affairs Manager will be a key part of building the Lyft movement & achieving public policy progress for Lyft nationwide.
- Develop & oversee implementation of comprehensive community affairs strategies & campaigns at the regional, state, & local level across the eastern part of the United States
- Work cross-functionally across the Lyft organization to build relationships with drivers, riders, & other essential members of the Lyft community & to engage those key community members in meaningful action to further Lyfts policy & social impact goals
- Work closely with Public Policy Managers to develop a local community engagement strategy that will support the ridesharing movement & Lyft's local legislative initiatives
- Build a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits, community organizations, & trade associations in Lyft's markets
- Create scalable rapid response & long-term grassroots engagement strategies at the local, state, & regional levels
- Plan & staff government relations events such as community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, meetups, etc.
- Recruit & train Lyft activists who will advocate for ridesharing in meetings & hearings with lawmakers, regulators as well as local media
- Coordinate & execute the use of political tactics such as advertising, in-district meetings, rallies, 1:1 meetings, etc.
- Bachelors degree & 3-5+ years experience as an organizer/director, digital strategist, event manager, or advance team member for political campaigns (preferably city and/or state level) / (2-3 years if Organizer)
- Experience in East Coast politics is a plus
- Experience recruiting & remotely managing volunteers
- Knowledge of best-in-class organizing strategy & tactics
- Strong understanding of digital organizing & social media engagement
- Impeccable event organization skills
- Command of guerrilla marketing & offline advertising tactics
- Passionate commitment to the Lyft community & the sharing economy
- Charismatic in-person presence & public speaking ability
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.