VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Client Partner
REPORTS TO: VP, Client Partnerships, Canada
OVERVIEW: VICE is seeking a sales executive to be part of revenue driven, client centric media & content sales team & oversee relationships with some of the largest media holding companies in Canada. Reporting to the VP of sales in Toronto, the client partner will champion the brand & client solutions within their territory, be responsible for achieving quarterly sales targets.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand, analyze & advocate all facets of the Vice media product offering
- Hit quarterly personal & team revenue goals through media, content, sponsorship, & experiential sales via media agencies & brands direct
- Be the highest level point of contact for the holding company, & maintain excellent relationship with all points of contact within the portfolio.
- Consistently develop account strategies to expand & optimize sales territory consistently understanding client capacity, needs & opportunities.
- Negotiate business contracts as necessary
- Assess territory risks & mitigation plans
- Generate opportunities weekly, via RFPs through specified media agencies - & brand direct.
- Oversee the development of our responses to these briefs, via media plans & presentations.
- Present responses to clients & also educate marketplace on VICE offering
- Work collaboratively with all internal departments across creative, media strategy, publishing, production to develop ideas & proposals.
- 5-7+ years in media sales
- Expert in media strategy, custom content, & social distribution & activation
- Expert in media & advertising industry, & what youth media publishers are doing in the marketplace
- Deep understanding of VICE ecosystem & brand ethos
- Management experience
- Excited to be part of a team, with a team revenue goal
- Has high level relationships across media agencies, holding companies & target brands
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Service-focused, responsible & accountable
- Highly proficient in Keynote
- Highly organized & solutions driven
- Excellent, timely communication skills
- Salesforce experience a plus
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.