Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which now stands at 4.3+ billion in circulation. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Senior Product Analyst, youll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience & mitigating the associated risks. You will conduct in-depth analysis to draw insight around product improvements. You will make use of your analysis to test & implement business logic that reduces the sources of financial & reputational risk for the business. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, & fast-paced environment.
What you'll work on:
- Perform complex data analysis on customer behavior, risk strategies & rule accuracy & performance to draw insights & propose applicable changes.
- Design, test, implement & monitor logic for new or existing risk rules around KYC, fraud, account-takeovers & anti-money laundering.
- Develop risk management policies & procedures as well as thorough Risk Frameworks for optimal decision making.
- Monitor fraud risks on an ongoing basis (on-boarding & post on-boarding) & identify ways to enhance our controls to minimise fraud risk & financial losses.
- Develop, analyse & improve the relevant risk scoring systems (Frameworks / ML Models) for optimal real time decision making.
- Contribute to both our automated monitors & alerts to keep tabs on any abnormalities in customer behavior, risk-rule efficiency & performance & also our dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Design, calculate & monitor Risk goals & KPIs.
- Contribute to the creation & maintenance of all risk related documentation.
- Automate risk processes, where possible, with the relevant tools to ensure scalability of all risk operations.
- Support all other Risk Team workload (i.e onboarding, customer support, troubleshooting, dispute management, etc) & business needs (data requests, reporting, etc) as required.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 3+ years experience as Data Analyst in a data intensive environment, working with large data sets.
- 3+ years experience working in payments, risk or chargeback / fraud role.
- Advanced SQL skills required (postgreSQL, Redshift, Athena) to extract & model data from a variety of data sources.
- Additional technical skills a plus (E.g. Python).
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably on the technical side in Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to take initiative & find creative & scalable ways to solve problems.
- Interest & knowledge of data & statistics.
- Ability to work effectively in fluid environments using time-management & prioritization skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.