The Accessibility team is part of the Interface Platform group, which helps our product engineers deliver beautiful, durable, performant, & accessible experiences to our users. In this role youll help several teams to deliver high-quality technology products/services, working in partnership with technical & product leadership, & report to the Interface Platform Sr. Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
- Work with product managers, designers, & engineers to educate them on web accessibility standards (such as the WCAG) & best practices
- Consult on designs & implementations to help expose opportunities for improvement during the product development cycle.
- Make tools to help Squarespace better understand & track its accessibility
- Work on Squarespaces internal accessibility guidelines
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Mentor team members & help them grow
- A strong sense of empathy for the end user & a good understanding of inclusive design & progressive enhancement principles; we believe accessibility is more than a matter of compliance.
- Deep knowledge of modern HTML & CSS
- Familiarity with React (or a similar UI library)
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards (such as the WCAG) & best practices
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable, reliable, & well-tested code
- Strong communication skills
- BS+ in Computer Science/Engineering, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.