Promote, Protect & Evolve the Flexport Brand
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. The Marketing team is focused on empowering the brands voice, tackling new challenges & responding with big creative solutions. Were looking for a seasoned internal & external communications professional to establish the communications discipline in Asia. Your remit is twofold: building the Flexport brand externally through corporate communications, product PR & industry thought leadership. On the internal side, you will help the company attract & retain the best talent by engaging employees across our offices & warehouses in Asia. Based in Shenzhen or Shanghai & working closely with partners in Marketing, People & Asia Leadership, you will help promote, protect & evolve Flexports reputation in the world.
- Own internal & external communications for Flexport in Asia, specifically Hong Kong, Greater China & Singapore. We work closely with partners in India, Vietnam, South Korea.
- Drive employee engagement through a sense of regional Flexport identity for the Asia offices & their employees
- Identify where internal & external communications can most support the companys business strategy, mission & vision & develop annual/quarterly plans & programs
- Partner closely with global & regional Flexport executives to localize the Flexport narrative & ensure its clear delivery in Asia
- Write and/or localize internal & external materials (including organizational updates, company initiatives, & corporate, product & industry news) that support the companys business strategy, mission & vision
- Create communications on behalf of regional executive leadership, including messaging for Asia all-employee meetings, organization announcements, videos, presentations, & social media (specifically WeChat).
- Plan & deliver unique communication methods & employee experiences that inform, engage, & inspire Flexporters in the Asia region (e.g., All Hands, Friday lunch talks, intranet, videos, etc.), all fully aligned with our global/central internal communications strategy
- Measure the effectiveness of communications messages & channels on an ongoing basis & make recommendations on how to improve
You should have:
- At least seven years of relevant experience in employee engagement (internal communications & events) & external communications (corporate & product media relations & content creation)
- Experience navigating the Asian technology & business media landscape, with hands-on media relationships in Greater China.
- Experience managing & nurturing an agency team - proven track record of getting the best out of your extended team.
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in a high-growth technology environment is a plus
- Strong command of English; written Chinese is essential.
- Ability to prioritize for a global team & be sensitive to cultural differences & preferences
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with global & diverse teams
- No objection to rolling up your sleeves. While you will plug into both the global Communications team as well as the local Marketing team (and will have access to agency support) you will be driving communications in the Asia region - no task can be too big or too small
- A passion for changing the world through global trade
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.