As a Sr. Compliance Engineer Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), you will be responsible for ensuring that Magic Leaps products meet all applicable EMC regulatory requirements for the global markets at launch & throughout the product life cycle. You will work closely internally with Regulatory, Product Design, & R&D, as well as externally with Test Labs to ensure Magic Leaps products are in full compliance.
Desired applicant will drive Compliance efforts for all Magic Leap products with regard to EMC requirements through all design & development phases as well as post product launch. This will require the applicant to:
- During early program phases the applicant will support:
- Regulatorys efforts to identify applicable USA & global EMC regulatory requirements & provide technical translation of requirements to Engineering teams as required
- Work with Product, Systems, & Engineering teams to implement requirements into product definition
- During all program phases the applicant will support:
- Oversee EMC pre-compliance & compliance testing at Certified Test Lab (CTL)
- Act as the liaison between the Compliance program & the CTL
- Develop EMC Certification test plans & monitor execution of EMC Certification testing
- Design impacts on compliance requirements
- Participate in internal failure investigation & design changes where they arise during Compliance testing
- Before product launch the applicant will deliver:
- Product certifications, through 3rd party testing, to necessary EMC standards & requirements.
- Following product launch the applicant will:
- Support product post-launch changes (e.g., product evolution, corrective actions) to ensure on-going compliance.
This position requires the ability to managed external certified test labs by:
- Alignment with CTLs on requirements, testing scenarios, & all documented within test plans
- Ability to prepare & review documentation for test labs, notified bodies & other governing regulatory bodies.
- Manage pre-compliance testing, where necessary, to ensure product compliance
- Ensure product readiness for Compliance testing using 3rd party CTLs
- Manage testing budget for EMC efforts
- Maintain objective evidence of compliance to applicable regulatory requirements
- Review & critique test reports generated by CTLs
- 8+ years of experience with EMC in consumer electronics field or equivalent
- 8+ years of international experience in compliance testing & certifications.
- Knowledge of EMC design concepts a plus
- PCB layout & schematic review for EMC best practices
- Experience working with electrical test equipment including spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers & signal generators a plus
- Experience with wireless technologies including WiFi, BT, BLE, LTE, NFC, GSM, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated & able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical & complex problem solving skills.
- The ability to develop partnerships with cross-functional teams within a company.
- Ability to work independently & has strong team building skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Proficiency with MS & Google software applications.