CLEAR makes life easier & more secure by using biometrics your fingerprints, eyes & face to confirm that you are you, & keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, were working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
The Employment Counsel position at CLEAR will be responsible for all functions related to employmentlaw for both our national HQ & our field operations team of more than 2,000 employees. This positionwill report directly to & work closely with our General Counsel. You will have the opportunity to set a visionand the chance to execute on it.This position will be based at our NYC Headquarters.
What You Will Do:
- Set a vision for CLEARs employment law function, collaborating with our HR team andleadership team to advise on the full range of employment law issues.
- Advise & lend expertise on hiring, performance management, compliance, benefits, and, ifnecessary, investigations.
- Proactively identify, investigate, & resolve employee relations matters to help make CLEAR anexcellent place to work & an employer of choice.
- Service as trusted advisor to leadership team to develop proactive strategies that address anytrends/root causes identified by employee relations metrics.
- Develop & implement HR policies, practices, & procedures. Ensure adherence to companypolicies & compliance with current & pending legal regulations. Including field visits.
- Contribute to employee benefits & compensation programs.
- Manage any potential litigation relating to HR.
Who You Are:
- You have focused your career on employment law because you are passionate about it.
- You enjoy working directly with non-lawyers to minimize & resolve issues quickly andeffectively.
- You want responsibility & autonomy to solve problems.
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to businesspartners.
- You have sound judgment; you know how to resolve complicated matters while maintainingintegrity & confidentiality.
- You have superior knowledge & understanding of local, state & federal employment laws andcan manage any legal issues that arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions.
- 6-8+ years of experience at a law firm or in house
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leadersand frontline team members alike