Create an amazing workplace experience at Flexport
As one of the key members in the Asia Real Estate & Workplace Service team, this high impact role will thrive thru overseeing our real estate transaction & project management of our office & warehouse portfolio in Asia. Join us to co-create the future Flexport!
Real Estate Transaction Management
- Support Regional Head of Real Estate & Workplace Services to manage real estate transactions for new & existing office & warehouse portfolio in Asia
- Continue to optimize existing portfolio, evaluate key milestones, deal options & strategize to play the long game.
- Develop & maintain relationships with property owners at key-leased facilities
- Manage assigned projects thru developing plans, schedules, budgets, procurement process, contracts & execution of construction projects within quality, budget & schedule
- Support design process for all Asia projects to achieve workplace strategies & guidelines, commercial objectives, technical & functional requirements.
- Implement in conjunction with external experts & internal stakeholders key workplace design principles & guidelines
- Support management presentations & deal approval
- Lead site technical due diligence as part of the site selection process
- Work with legal team to manage contracts related to project with a view to have contract templates, properly reflecting country specific legal requirements & market practices & conditions
- Strategize negotiations with government, landlord, developers, design, construction & engineering as well as other technical facilities services providers to achieve best deals for Flexports
- Maintain close partnership with workplace managers to drive, lead & facilitate discussion, programming of workplace requirements (headcount/growth, allocations, adjacencies, special support needs) with business units, collate & analyze data related to requirements, workspace needs & plan for restack as appropriate.
- Strong knowledge of & connectivity to the financial & construction market to leverage best practices & provide opportunities for innovation & intelligent savings. Lead procurement process supported by local workplace team including establishing scope of work, selection panel participation, etc
- Seek advice & recommendations from designer, surveyors & general contractors in the selection of finishes, furniture. materials, per any corporate guideline, maintainability & budget perspective
Metrics/ Reporting/ Processes Excellence
- Ensure timely approvals, contract award, project payment & financial closure
- Develop & manage real estate capital & operating expense budgets, provide input into financial planning & expense forecasting of budgets
- Consistently seek, suggest & document cost control ideas & process improvements
- Assist to establish database & metrics of space planning metrics, actual space utilization/density, market trends & actively iterate design & construction guidelines to enhance efficiency & productivity of stakeholders
- Managing project reporting & communication processes; dashboard reporting, Progress reports, etc
You should have:
- Maintained an environment that promotes & reinforces the highest standards integrity & ethics
- Professional degree in either Real Estate, Project Management, Architecture or Engineering along with a successful track record of managing all phases of real estate transaction, corporate facilities projects & leading multiple complex projects at the same time
- 8-10 years of direct experience in transaction management, commercial interior & workplace renovation, & strong time management programming, building construction, life safety & building codes and; 3-5 years of global corporate real estate and/or financial services experience preferred
- Real estate transaction licenses & Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Solid knowledge of building codes, standards & building structures
- Proficiency in industry standard project management tools
- Excellent oral & written presentation skills
- Proven fiscal accountability & responsibility for projects
- Strong leadership, organization, communication & relationship management skills
- A demonstrated ability to lead & build trusting, collaborative relationships & alliances within a matrix, internal & external organization
- Proven success in providing customers with desired products, services, & experiences that builds their trust & confidence
- Capable of planning for & ensuring others have the information, resources, implementation time, & staffing needed to accomplish business initiatives
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities & achieve goals
- Demonstrated creativity & strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity
- Excellent communication skills & executive presentation for critical business decisions
- Strong desire to update knowledge & skills to handle new complexities, challenges, & responsibilities
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
- Willingness to frequent business travel from time-to-time
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.