Position Description: The Corporate Account Executive at Okta is responsible for all aspects of new customer acquisition & growth. While managing the sales process for new logo & install base customers, you will develop strategies & tactics that drive revenue growth & quota attainment.
Account Executives at Okta strive to help prospects & customers modernize IT, build customer experiences, & prevent breaches by mapping our solutions to their needs. By understanding the specific challenges that both prospects & customers are faced with, you will help them achieve the desired positive business outcomes with our solutions. You will cultivate tight-knit relationships with customers & key partners while maintaining knowledge of Oktas evolving technology. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, & partners. It is imperative that our AEs demonstrate leadership qualities, ethical behavior, work ethic & a focus on collaboration with both internal counterparts as well as customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the sales process for medium & large new logo customers from demo to contract negotiation
- Expand business within existing Okta customers by building long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Develop & execute against an assigned quota & territory plan
- Prospect, forecast, build & maintain a sales pipeline with assigned Sales Development Representatives
- Present to C-level executives in the field & via web demonstrations
- 3-5 years of experience in a new logo sales & account management position at a progressive technology company (SaaS/Cloud strongly preferred)
- A proven track record of success selling to mid-sized & enterprise customers
- Strong verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Extensive experience in territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, pricing, delivery, negotiations, & closing
- Ability to travel (up to 30%)
- Cross-functional team player, experience collaborating with Sales Development & Sales Engineering teams
- BS/BA degree required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.