NS1 optimizes delivery of the worlds most critical internet & enterprise applications. Only NS1s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data & grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, & IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, & automated system. NS1s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency & application performance, reliability, & security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora & The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
Our UX/UI Engineer will join the engineering & product organizations to design & implement industry-leading software interfaces. The Engineer will focus on the execution of UX improvements & features for SaaS & on-premises software products, & will encourage high-fidelity UI execution to deliver on our commitment to top-of-class user experiences for our customers.
The Developer will ensure seamless coordination of stakeholders around project variables, generating a shared understanding of deliverables & timelines. You thrive when given the opportunity to scale design systems & bring insight into what makes a great user experience from various perspectives.
- As a member of the Product Design team, communicate & support the front-end team (on the engineering side) during all phases of development & deployment across projects
- Collaborate with engineering & product teams to ensure high-quality implementation of UI & workflow improvements
- Contribute extensible elements & patterns to evolve & scale our design system
- Experience with user-interface design & commitment to quality & simplicity
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal & external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive & willing to take ownership
- Demonstrated comfort with remote communication culture in order to work effectively with distributed teams
- Well-organized, with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Nice to have:
- Animation/micro animation skills
- Experience with infrastructure/networking products
Similar roles may be: UI Engineer, UI Developer, Creative Developer
Our technology stack at NS1, & the many systems youll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS platform thats deployed on physical hardware
- Anycasted edge network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API & Client Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection & alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Distributed messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Other technologies & integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- AWS & other cloud providers
- BGP, BPF, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Go, Python, Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- OpenTSDB, ELK, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, & libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients & integrations
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.