Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
TheInformation Security Director will be responsible for leading a team of full time & vendor/contractors. You will be responsible for the cyber security program that will protect the business from external & internal threats. Ensuring operationally, we meet the requirements of both domestic & international compliance regulations including GDPR, Privacy Shield, PCI, Mass. Data Privacy (201 CMR 17.00), & SOX. The ideal candidate will be an insightful leader who has proven technical experience & strong leadership skills.
What You'll Do:
- Formulating & leading a team in implementing & managing a comprehensive strategy that protects us from cyber security threats
- Ensure that all company software, process, procedures, computer architecture & application code are properly designed & maintained to ensure company security and/or compliance standards
- Educate & communicate to key stakeholders of new threats, industry trends, & applicable laws related to security thru reports, presentations & key metrics
- Identify & mitigate security incidents, compliance issues, security teams operational inefficiencies, application vulnerabilities, network/infrastructure & other vulnerabilities
- Identify software/tools/vendors that can increase the organization's security posture and/or threat intelligence
- Lead projects to improve data collection & interpretation processes & initiatives regarding threat intelligence
- Monitor, research, analyze, brief, & develop mitigation for security threats
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of Information/Cyber Security Experience
- Experience leading staff & vendors/partners
- BA or BS degree in Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science or other related degree
- Knowledge of PCI, SOX, & GDPR compliance
- Knowledge of designing a comprehensive security programs for SaaS applications & Corporate environments including Security Assessments, PEN Tests, Risk Management, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Incident & Response, Security Training, Privacy & Compliance Programs
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.