Help Flexport establish operations & grow new business in Canada
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. Revenue is growing at breakneck speed & we want to continue that momentum & expand into new markets on our mission to be the Global leader in trade. We're looking for a consultative, tenacious Operations & Growth Associate to help us go to market in Canada.
The Strategy & BD Manager will be a part of the Flexport Demand Team as well as work cross-functionally as necessary to bring both supply-side & demand-side to life. If salivating at the thought of building out an entire region & making it the most efficient region in the world for Flexport, then this might be the role for you! You will need to bring A+ project management skills, juggle numerous responsibilities & dive deep into cross-functional operational nuances to solve root causes. If this sounds like an environment you thrive in, then this is the role for you!
The purpose of the role is to help lay the foundation for success in Canada as a whole, which involves both defining & supporting operations, & the execution of strategic initiatives, including:
- Drive excellence in the development & operation of Supply & Freight Operations functions:
- Help build scalable, sustainable, Canada-specific processes, behaviors, tooling, etc. across freight operations & account management.
- Partner with teams & stakeholders to scope out & build business cases for product requirements necessary to enable Canada.
- Partner with OpEx to assist CS teams in transitioning Canadian volume to Op Model 2.0.
- Partner with modal freight operations teams to ensure performance & relationship management, as well as network development.
- Drive product launch, development & partnerships:
- Strategize Flexport growth plan & drive alignment in coordination country general manager with multiple stakeholders
- Design product launch strategy by evaluating product market fit for Canada
- Evaluate business cases for geographical expansion, product launches & create investment cases
- Drive product launch & own growth initiatives by coordinating across product, sales, CS, & procurement teams
- Coordinate between G&A & other teams to support foundational pieces such as invoicing from the freight entity, acquiring/maintaining appropriate licenses, & adjusting client contracting measures.
- Drive successful completion of initiatives following Canadas 2021+ plan, executing owned initiatives, & supporting/monitoring all Customs & other functionally owned initiatives.
- Identify & support delivery of other initiatives, as discovered through cross-functional collaboration, in whatever capacity is needed.
- Drive excellence in the development & operation of Sales & Account Management functions:
- Collaborate across all regions in North America with Account Executives & Sales Managers to support revenue growth & operational excellence by identifying, prioritizing & removing blockers.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing to drive Top of Funnel leads.
- Support the growth of our Canadian knowledge base by building & capturing the results of feedback loops within AM & Sales functions.
- Support sales leadership (national, west & east) to create best practices for RFI/RFP management for all new opportunities in Canada.
- Capture & share best practices that drive satisfaction of all Canadian customers through engagement from Sales, Account Management & all internal teams touching Canada.
- Identify & propose investment opportunities for Sales & Account Management & support the design & implementation alongside Sales leadership.
- Support development of Canada Customs capabilities:
- Partner with the Canada Customs team to improve operational hand offs between CS & SCO functions
- Partner with the Canada Customs team to define, process map, & implement Account Management for customs-only clients.
- Build & embody the Flexport culture amongst the distributed Canadian team:
- Instill Flexport values in daily work with the VAN customs team, SEA & NY CS teams & Canadian leadership, to strengthen feedback loops & cohesion.
- Be the model for the next generation of Flexport in Canada. This is an IC role that will grow with our Canadian presence & can be shaped & expanded based on your interests & drive.
You should have:
- Ability to live & work in Canada, or interest in doing so within 2-3 months - relocation is not mandatory in the short term, but will become necessary for successful execution of the position
- 5+ experience in strategy & product development in supply chain management OR
- 2+ years experience in strategy consulting from tier 1 firms
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills & ability to influence decisions through process & data analysis
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on international trade in a matter of weeks, & the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come
- Ability to craft succinct communications & able to relay information is a consumable way
- Proven ability to quickly gain trust with internal leadership
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
What good looks like:
Success in this assignment will be evaluated on Behaviors & Results, per below:
- Behaviors. Expectations are that this person exemplifies Flexport values in all of their own work. Exceeding expectations would involve helping others live by the Values, while top performance would result from setting a transformative example of at least half of the Values across multiple business lines.
- Results. Expectations are that this person executes on the tasks & deliverables as communicated & documented by the Canada Lead before each task. This includes meeting deadlines, taking proactive initiative, identification of opportunities to improve processes, & working both from top-down directives & also with a self-starter mentality. This could include, identifying unique insights or solutions, figuring out a way to scale a process beyond the immediate use case, collaborating with stakeholders across the organization, building scalable & transferable fixes.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.