Support & delight Flexports clients
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. Data & information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business & transforms the freight industry. Our Data Operations Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy & insight that represent value to our clients, while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
Our Data Operations Associate role is the first step in a career path in our broader Global Operations Team. Our Global Operations Team empowers our clients, partners with asset owners around the world, & manages end-to-end global coordination of shipments to further us on our mission of fixing the user experience in Global Trade.
Were looking for recent college graduates & students planning on graduating in the Summer of 2019.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate key tactical elements of international freight shipments
- Collaborate with Global Operations Associates & the Customs Team to assist with logistical troubleshooting
- Own the data quality & data reporting for clients & their network
- Ensure quality control on international shipping documents
- Support special projects to refine & optimize operational processes
What you'll need:
- A 2018 or 2019 BA/BS Degree with a strong academic track record & meaningful internship experience;
- Excitement to get your hands dirty in a learn by doing environment;
- A selfless mindset willing to work in the nitty gritty of the freight & logistics industry to deliver for our clients;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail & follow-through;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is & why improving global trade can help to connect the world & break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.