Pelotons Leave Administration Manager maintains, administers, & manages Pelotons leave of absence administration processes, including FMLA, short- & long-term disability & workers compensation. The Manager ensures compliance with all state & federal laws, & supports business managers & employees throughout the leave of absence process. This role reports to the Senior Director of Shared Services, & is based in our NYC HQ.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL FOCUS ON:
- Assume a leadership role within the Shared Services team to support consistent delivery of high-level service & appropriate application of policies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all aspects of Leave Disability Management policies, practices, & processes
- Increase efficiencies & scalability of Leave of Absence (LOA) policies, practices & processes
- Manage all Workers Compensation reports & claims, & partner with business leaders to identify preventative opportunity areas
- Act as a resource to educate People team, Peloton management, & team members on LOA policies, procedures, & federal & state requirements; as well as to aid in team members understanding of benefits offered & eligibility requirements through individual & group meetings or training sessions
- Engage with employees to support & facilitate their return to work & formulate recommendations regarding continued leave as a reasonable accommodation
- Analyze, review, update and/or develop LOA related policies & related forms, documents, or communications, as appropriate; administers implementation, coordination & roll out of said policies
- Protect confidentiality of employee medical information in accordance with HIPAA regulations
Tracking, Reporting & Auditing
- Maintain appropriate contact with all employees on leave & coordinates all aspects of return to work
- Handle long-term continuous & complex leaves & engages in the interactive process.
- Monitor & track critical dates in the leave cycle & communicate with employee & manager as appropriate
- Evaluate & administer legal & regulatory changes & formulates recommendations for policy, practice, or process changes, as appropriate
- Analyze & administer root cause analysis for recurrent or egregious issues & pain points (system abuse, intermittent leaves)
- Partner with People Business Partners to address employee issues & recommend & influence implementation of process, communications, and/or programming modifications where such changes may also alleviate the issue
- Review monthly & quarterly reports & makes recommendations to immediate manager on improving LOA processing & practices & provides expertise & education to People Team regarding reports as necessary; Recommends refinements & or additional reporting as needed
- Ensure accurate leave information is updated in the HRIS database & audits reports to ensure the system is accurate & up-to-date
- Collaborate with payroll & vendors on administration, reporting & analysis
- Track reimbursements from Worker's Compensation
- Conduct ad hoc analysis & reporting & other duties as required
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field required
- 6 to 8 years of progressive experience in leave management
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing leave cases
- Working knowledge of benefits / leave related laws & regulations
- Strong customer service & interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills & knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must maintain confidentiality of any personal data
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.