Mark43s mission is to empower communities & their governments with new technologies that improve the safety & quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, & elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, & we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought & experience within our team
Were seeking innovative & committed software engineers to help build the next generation of cloud based law enforcement software. As a member of the Mark43 team, youll take ownership of products & features from start to finish. Youll build robust server side solutions to our unique problems of scale, security, & reliability. We heavily leverage open source technologies like Java, MySQL, Redis, & Elasticsearch & enjoy participating in the open source community. As an engineer here, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions & have a meaningful impact on our product as well as help shape the engineering culture of the company.
What you can expect to work on:
- Developing new features for our records management & computer aided dispatch products
- Working closely with product managers & designers to map out work & solve unique user experience problems
- Collaborating with our QA team to ensure we push bug free updates
- Strengthening your programming skills with mentorship from senior engineers
- Becoming a subject matter expert on law enforcement software
What we expect from you
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years professional experience with Java, .NET, or other server side languages & the ability to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with databases, automated testing, Agile methodologies
- Experience working the front end stack
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Ability to develop cooperative & collaborative relationships with your teammates
- Leaning in to contribute to the company outside your role - our engineers have written blog posts, attended events, & helped grow our team
- Self-motivated, passionate, & excited to own products from end to end.
- Passion for building the best software for law enforcement.
What you can expect from us
- Mentorship from more experienced team members
- Opportunities to learn & grow personally & professionally
- Building mission critical & socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- A workplace dedicated to supporting & bettering law enforcement, first responders, & other government agencies via mission critical software products
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly & intelligent coworkers