Squarespace is looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to grow our Payroll function to meet the needs of our growing company. You will work on our Finance & Accounting team & partner closely with Legal & People Operations.
The Payroll Team builds compliant processes that ensure seamless support of our growing organization. As the next member of our team, your work will support this through the preparation, distribution, & reporting of our payroll.
You will report to our Controller, Accounting Operations & be based in our New York headquarters.
You will get to:
- Responsible for accurate, timely & efficient payroll processing of a 1,500+ growing global workforce, this includes:
- Oversee payroll team to ensure payment of payroll processing for Semi Monthly & Monthly pay cycles, special transactions such as RSUs, retroactive pay, garnishment, student loans & other statutory deductions
- Reconcile W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions, & quarterly Federal & State returns & amendments
- Audit employee records in HRIS (Workday), in partnership with People Operations to ensure they are accurate & up-to-date
- Resolve all payroll discrepancies, process bi-weekly adjustments, & answer employee inquiries
- Preparef 401(k) audit, analysis & compliance filings
- Coordinate with Accounting team on month end close activities & analyze payroll & benefit amounts, monthly or semi-monthly, for unusual trends to ensure accurate payroll processing
- Be the main contact for all payroll auditing related matters including the accurate & timely preparation of all requests
- Identify opportunities to automate current processes & implement controls to promote efficiency & refine payroll processes
- Expert in Federal, State, & Local labor laws, payroll tax requirements, payroll regulations & industry changes that affect payroll operations
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in global, multi-state private & public companies
- Certified Payroll Professional certification (CPP)
- 3+ years of experience with payroll systems (Workday, ADP) & leading a Payroll function
- Experience driving change to streamline payroll processes & find efficiencies
- Strong experience with Excel /Google Sheets(can maintain complex spreadsheets) proficiency & ability to work with large data sets
- Experience processing end-to-end payroll at a small to mid sized organization
- Capability to handle confidential information with discretion
- A deep understanding of leading Payroll practices, legislation & regulation
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.