Platform Development Director
New York, New York
Index Exchange (IX) is looking for a Platform Development Director with outstanding ad technology, leadership & sales skills to joinour East Coast team. The role is based inNew Yorkand will require occasionaltravel to Toronto & other east coast cities.The IX Platform Development team provides demand side platforms (DSPs) with crucial insights into market developments & ensures that buyers have access to our publishers inventory via their preferred method. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging with & managing DSP partners in theEast Coast region.You will be crucial to maintaining & furthering existing relationships, while supporting business development in an effort grow new accounts & evangelize the IX brand.
This role will be partly driven by revenue attainment, but more importantly, around driving growth through six key areas. These pillars of success require account strategy & management along with sales development & education with an emphasis on technical & product enhancements You will have to be comfortable with leading consultative sessions across the different org departments within a DSP. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment & have a much higher degree of technical proficiency than for your average role - prior exposure to programmatic terminology & trends will go a long way to setting you up for success.
Heres what we want:
- Strategic: IX values partnerships & offering strategic insights to the DSPs integrated with our exchange. We want you to provide insights, guidance & recommendations to our external stakeholders that will drive the business forward.
- Collaborative: In order to provide best-in-class service to our DSP accounts, you will work cross-functionally with business intelligence, agency & publisher teams, & become a subject matter expert on the performance & growth of our partners
- Communicative: You will be working with a number of clients at any given time & expected to communicate effectively, & often, both internally & externally. This is a highly visible, client facing role, where building trusted relationships with DSP partners is crucial to success
Heres what youll be doing:
- Become the day to day contact for assignedEastCoast DSPs
- Curate & drive the wholistic account strategies for growth & strengthening partnerships
- Execute Index Exchange initiatives through consultative sales approaches
- Manage relationships with partners & external stakeholders to provide marketplace guidance, revenue growth potential, partner expansion & ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business & operational lens & across organizational lines
- Create & collaborate with the marketing team to entertain partners with engaging & interesting events of all sizes
- Oversee financial reporting requirements & hold quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders
- Work with the Index Publisher team to drive Private Marketplace (PMP) activity & raise awareness of the opportunities made available by our premium publishers
- Collaborate with the IX Product team to assist in future product development & strategic planning that will enhance the business & create additional value to our DSP partners.
Heres what you have:
- 5+ years of experience in digital media, & a solid understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape (e.g. ad server, ad network, exchange, SSP, DSP, agency trading desk, PMP, etc.)
- An excellent business acumen to develop long term strategic vision for partners & the business
- Proven track record of relationship building & managing successful partnerships.
Why youll love working here
- Our New York office serves as our strategic hub & headquarters. Located in the Flatiron District, this office houses the majority of our Client Services, Marketing, & Executive teams.
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package at NO out of pocket cost to employees each month, 401(K), maternity/paternity leave as well as a fantastic vacation policy.
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar, catered lunches every Friday & views of the Empire State Building!
- Up to $50 dollar monthly allowance to the gym/health club of your choice
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.