Thrillist is looking for a Director, Production Management to be a key stakeholder across the brand. The right candidate will have a strong background in Production Management & Operations & will have a proven ability to oversee end-to-end production.
This role will be instrumental in establishing Thrillist as a best-in-class video operation thats able to simultaneously attract substantial viewership & recognition throughout the digital publishing landscape.
WHAT YOULL DO?
- Work directly with the Head of Video to create overall video/podcast & special platforms annual budget
- Building, tracking, actualizing budget for all productions, internal & external
- Oversee the production of several projects at the same time, constantly
- Direct oversight of the production management team
- Work with all members of the video department to secure the proper internal & external crew & gear necessary for shoots
- Act as key liaison between client management, finance, legal, editorial & studios on all editorial productions, development projects as well as select branded initiatives
- Spearheading & maintaining vendor relationships
- Oversee the gathering, submitting, tracking, & payment of invoices for all freelancers & vendors
- Create & constantly grow a rolodex of freelancers at all positions & rate levels, keeping quality the utmost indicator
- In select situations, being present on-set to ensure quality production
- Be in constant communication with the HOV about not only direct reports but consultation on department wide personnel decisions
- Bring enthusiasm around growing the team & developing more junior members
- Represent the Thrillist brand well in public
- Oversee Manager, Production & any freelance producers
- Ad hoc duties determined by Manager
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- A flexible, creative approach to problem solving in all stages of production
- Ability to work effectively within the constraints of mid to low production budgets
- A collaborative approach to production management
THE NEXT GREAT DIRECTOR, PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years in the live-action/field production role (in the production management line) making commercials, documentaries, photo shoots, music videos, television shows, reality, talk show etc
- Experience working across departments at a large organization
- Experience seeing projects from concept through delivery
- Must be a strong & effective team player & leader
- Willing to work early mornings, late nights, & weekends when necessary
- Comfortable traveling for select shoots
- Strong negotiation skills
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
Thrillist is the #1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [source: Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020.] Thrillist serves as a guidebook for those that want new experiences & long to turn a good time into a great time. Our nonstop coverage of local culture inspires audiences to discover their world & celebrate every moment. In a serious world, we take fun seriously. In December 2016, Thrillist joined forces with NowThis, The Dodo, POPSUGAR & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- a global top 10 publisher.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.