Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join the APAC Customer Support Team, supporting our customers use of the platform, & help customers get the best experience from Twilios products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners, & operate as a subject matter expert for Twilios API products.
We seek developer-oriented Technical Support Engineers with:
- A good understanding of OOP is necessary.
- Bonus skills:
- Serverless (Lambda) experience.
- Expertise with both native & mobile applications is a great bonus
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs & ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skills in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: Understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify & drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting & collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
A regular day in the life of a Flex Technical Support Engineer involves troubleshooting coding & integration issues for our customers to help them get the most out of their Twilio experience.
As a Flex Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Use your strong technical & diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide customer feedback to Twilios Product & Engineering teams.
- WEAR YOUR CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Work with our customers' & partners' developers, architects, & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
- DRAW THE OWL: Leverage your experience with troubleshooting & resolving Quality of Service (QoS) issues.
- DON'T SETTLE: Be available to support our customers on holidays to ensure that our customers needs are met.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist your manager in process improvements by surfacing customer pain points to assist in process improvement.
- Review internal knowledge to stay current on industry shifts & standards.
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, & this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team & customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customers needs are met
The Customer Support team is vital to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with engineering & product to ensure that we are effectively supporting our customers businesses.
Twilios platform empowers the worlds developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring their success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 9 Straits View Marina One West Tower. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks & drinks, ergonomic desks & regular team events & activities along with regular company & regional All Hands & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.