Pendo is preparing for explosive company growth & international scale! We are currently seeking a Sr. People Business Partner to provide strategic partnership & leadership to our Marketing & General Operations teams. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this will be a key member of the Pendo People Leadership Team focusing on driving strategies to hire, onboard, develop, & retain a diverse & engaged employee population. (Pendozers!)
This is a high visibility role required to engage cross-functionally & maintain exceptional relationships both across the Pendo People team & aligned business stakeholders. Grounded in a strong understanding of the Pendo product & business, this role is expected to influence & execute against a scalable people strategy, provide consultative support to aligned client groups, & drive development & execution of critical cyclical people programs (leadership coaching, performance management, compensation, engagement survey actions, talent & succession planning, & much more).
We are super excited for the positive impact this role will have on the growth of the Pendo business & development of our Pendo employees.
- Act as strategic partner & trusted advisor to aligned leaders & play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness.
- Foster organizational health by ensuring that the organization is structured in a way that helps achieve business objectives.
- Utilize people analytics & metrics to develop solutions that address gaps & capitalize on opportunities.
- Be a role model & guide for employees. Champion, promote & demonstrate what our culture & values mean in practice.
- Solve problems & get to the root cause of issues & challenges, & design & quickly implement solutions with the right level of socialization & alignment.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to help develop & spearhead people programs & strategies that enhance our culture -- including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, & internal communications.
- Support organizational resilience by developing the capacity & readiness for change & growth..
- Support workforce planning, recruiting & initiatives to ensure that the short, medium & long-term needs of the business are met with an eye on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience as a strategic business partner, with strong preference for experience in high growth, VC backed startup environments.
- Track record of demonstrating horizontal leadership & influence within HR & the business to drive the culture of collaboration & accountability.
- Strong business acumen & proven ability to integrate HR & business strategies; Ability to make thoughtful & data driven decisions that thread the needle between individual & business needs.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including total rewards, org design, talent development, employee relations, performance management, compensation DE&I, people analytics, & leadership coaching.
- Exceptional communication skills; must be able to influence, build trust & motivate both horizontally & vertically.
- Track record of building, evangelizing & implementing HR programs at scale.
- Experience partnering & supporting international teams.
- Exceptional ability to context switch in the moment & creatively approach problems & challenges in finding the optimal path forward.
- Experience managing and/or mentoring employees.
- Fervent intellectual curiosity; You are interested in evolving your experience & are excited about the prospect of exploring innovative approaches to solving people & business problems.
Pink, Perks, & Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees & their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental & vision coverage for all employees & their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches & fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies & balanced snacks
- Frequent company & team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Best private cloud companies to work for, we're #1
What makes Pendo culture special
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.