We are looking for an HR Manager to support the International HR & Global Employee Relations functions within VICEs HR Department. The HR Manager will be responsible evaluating employee programs, recommending improvements to employee relations polices, making sure that all employee-related policies in each country align with corporate goals & established regulations, & serving as a liaison between HQ HR Department & International HR colleagues around the globe as new HR initiatives are launched & managed globally.
This position will be located in our Dumbo office.
INTERNATIONAL HR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for new hire on-boarding of Intl HR Staff & to provide onboarding support for newer offices that do not yet have dedicated HR support, including employment contracts, HRIS system entry, going over orientation & company information, setting up of benefit plans, etc.
- Research market trends, employment law requirements & practices to draft office policies that are in alignment with individual markets pertaining to PTO, leave, terminations, etc.
- Lead recruiting for international HR positions by sourcing talent, screening candidates, setting up second & final stage interviews, creating onboarding plans once candidates have been identified etc.
- In partnership with VP, International & the Total Rewards function, organize efforts in selection of employee benefits plans & payroll providers for newly set up entities in new markets.
- Utilize Workday data & employee survey data to create presentations summarizing analytics regarding employee headcount, turnover, diversity, culture, engagement, etc.
- Take lead on handling the coordination between offices & employees related to global mobility (i.e. secondments, short-term assignments, expat assignments, intercompany transfers, relocations, etc.)
- Work with external training firms & L&D team to set up employee trainings for offices as needed
- Design org charts to visualize & establish appropriate organizational structure
- Some administrative support including coordination of meetings, events & some light travel & expense reporting, etc.
- Work as point of contact for International HR, send out reminders for pending items, ensure effective workflows & communication between team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with VP, Employee Relations, consult with HR business partners & other internal teams to resolve escalated employee relations inquiries
- Update & maintain global employee handbooks & work rules, inclusive of conducting research, making recommendations for enhancements based on market trends, etc.
- Provide support & direction to the HR community & other internal teams by providing policy guidance & interpretation & assisting with HR policy development, including protocol development
- Analyze employee relations trends & propose methods to improve
- Assist in the investigation of allegations of policy violation
- In partnership with Legal, ensure company is in compliance with state & federal regulatory requirements & laws
- BA/BS degree in Business, HR or related field preferred or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of HR experience
- Some experience in dealing with HR related investigations with staff at all levels across an organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle all items with confidentiality & the utmost discretion
- Ability to gather, analyze, & synthesize information & data from multiple sources & summarize findings clearly & concisely
- Some experience with handling international operations & in international employment matters preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently on a broad variety of projects
- Able to establish & maintain healthy working relationships
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines & targets
- Good judgment & decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills, especially in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong qualitative & quantitative analytical skills mandatory
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication & organizational skills required
- Demonstrated problem solving skills