SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Manager. This role is based in our Los Angeles or New York office. The position will coincide rosters execution of digital marketing strategies tailored to individual artist campaigns, & educate the team on the latest developments in the digital space. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years music business experience in marketing with emphasis in the digital & social ecosystem. Familiarity with Soundclouds voice, ethos, fan base & our artists music is essential. This position reports to the Head of Digital Marketing.
- Regularly interface with artists & management on all aspects of commercial release plan & digital marketing strategy to ensure the success of the project.
- Liaise with Account Managers & internal resources to write marketing plans & create digital content calendars & assets across multiple platforms to support artist development.
- Oversee the creation of artist visual branding including social & digital assets.
- Proactively communicate project mission/analysis with all departments inside the company, & to artist management
- Coordinate with internal teams & 3rd party designers / developers to produce all assets for a digital release - links, banners, social skins, landing pages, CRM blasts, artist websites, apps, interactive games, & experiences
- Oversee artists development & recommend promotional opportunities across the SoundCloud platform & social media channels.
- Responsible to manage the digital release from infancy to legacy
- Proactively recommend creative campaign ideas & optimization & best practices.
- Plan, execute & optimize all advertising spends related to the project.
- Manage budgets & report advertising stats to all departments.
- Develop & nurture relationships with relevant partners (i.e. social media outlets, digital blogs, influencers, curators, etc.) to secure promotion & coverage for projects.
- Manage vendors & build compelling social media & interactive experiences that build fan loyalty, drive traffic, & support streaming.
- 3+ years of experience in the music industry, digital marketing, or agency ideally in roles that were focused on consumer marketing.
- Strong organizational skills & the ability to manage complex projects
- Strong analytical skills matched with an enthusiastic creative approach to campaign building.
- Knowledge & ability to balance music marketing savvy with attention to detail, follow up & execution on a multiple project level.
- Expert in social communication & working with digital platforms: SoundCloud, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
- Strong writing & communication skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic & high energy environment & are comfortable with occasional ambiguity & a team player willing to pitch in whenever needed.
- You are proficient at using Google Drive.
- Ability to work under pressure with imminent deadlines & prioritizing tasks in real-time.
The salary range for this role is $60,000-$85,000 annually. The final salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skills, internal equity, & location. We also offer a generous total rewards program - read more about additional benefits & perks below!
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York & Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), & the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate & connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity & inclusion at all levels of our organization & fostering a community where everyones voice, perspective & experience is respected & heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops & enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, & vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity & Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation & public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing & non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted & foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, & 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead whats next in music by understanding & empowering our creators & fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, & strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully & thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans & SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting & promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.