OpenFin is building the operating platform for the worlds largest financial institutions. As our reach spreads throughout the industry, our product suite continues to grow to meet our customers business & technical needs. We are seeking an individual with strong technical writing skills to drive OpenFins documentation.
As a part of the OpenFin team, you will work closely with OpenFins Engineering & Product teams to ensure platform features are well documented, including developer, end-user & API documentation. You will have the ability to influence decisions & drive the direction of OpenFins documentation needs.
You will love this job if you are:
- Someone with strong technical writing skills & product documentation
- Someone who enjoys creating API & developer documentation
- A passionate writer who can successfully generate consumable content from interviewing subject matter experts
- An individual who is passionate about understanding browser, web technologies, & desktop compiled languages
- An individual who demonstrates the ability to context shift across multiple teams & priorities
- A self starter who is driven by an internal need to get things done & execute polished deliverables
What youll do:
- Research, write, & produce a high volume of developer facing documentation for an ever-evolving product
- Partner with teams to generate cohesive & effective API documentation to be delivered in cadence with sprint/release cycles
- Obtain a deep understanding of OpenFins products to translate complex information into a simplified & consumable content
- Manage OpenFins online API documentation & corresponding collateral
- Manage a high volume of simultaneous projects & priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders
What you need:
- Technical writing & product documentation experience
- Experience with readme.com, HTML, WordPress, Github
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication & documentation skills
- Strong organizational skills & to be highly detail-oriented
- Ability to manage competing priorities & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Move fast. Break nothing. OpenFin is the financial industry's first common operating system. Built on top of Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines advanced interoperability, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. Launched in 2010, the worlds largest banks & trading platforms use OpenFin to deploy thousands of industry apps to over 1500 sell-side & buy-side firms.
OpenFin currently has offices in New York City & London. To see what theyve been up to, check out OpenFin on LinkedIn or take a look at our Blog.
Why Work Here?
- Experienced, dedicated, & hands-on managers
- A highly collaborative development process that values both team players & independent learners
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health & Commuter FSAs
- 401(k) & Equity Options
- Free Annual CitiBike Membership
- Generous PTO policy
- Stocked kitchen
- Team lunches, events, & happy hours
- Annual Offsite