WHO ARE WE
The BARK Marketplaces (Barketplaces) team is responsible for selling BARK products on online marketplaces where millions of dog parents in the US, & around the world, are shopping for their dogs (e.g. Amazon). Our mission is simple: to have a BARK product come up at the top of the search results for anything a dog parent may want or need. We're growing 300% each year but we know there's still much more we can do. Our team is energized by growth, driven to find creative ways to do things differently, undeterred by the unknown or resource constraints, light hearted & supportive of one another.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a dynamic & highly motivated Business Ops Manager to join our Barketplaces team. The Business Ops Manager will be responsible for driving business performance & predictability through process improvements, planning, value-added reporting & analysis, & partnership with key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Implement software & best practices to scale our manufacturing, supply chain, sales & distribution operations.
- Collaborate closely with our logistics managers, planning team & developers to build effective systems.
- Optimize our business based on your analysis of key performance indicators.
- Build financial models to price new products & forecast business cash flow.
- Drive cross-functional initiatives. Catalyze collaboration through creating structure & facilitating progress.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of experience leading & scaling a high growth start-up.
- Adapts quickly with business priorities & projects
- Highly collaborative & self-motivated, with effective verbal & written communication skills.
- Diagnoses problems & implements intelligent solutions to support the business
- Excellent spreadsheet skills, specifically with Filters or XLookups, Named Ranges, Pivot Tables, If / Thens, & Conditional Formatting.
- Understands of bookkeeping, invoicing, & cash flow management.
- Demonstrates ability to build positive relationships & interface effectively with all levels of the organization in addition to external vendors
- Balances data-driven, operational & interpersonal skills with the ability to drive a strong, go-to-market strategy for growth
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.