About Epion Health
Epion Health has transformed the doctors appointment into a personalized digital experience, where patients can share information with their doctor & take ownership of their own health management. Our venture-backed solution spans the appointment life cycle, from the time the appointment is scheduled, to the waiting room, to the exam room, to checkout, using technology deployed on tablets & personal devices. Our fast-paced emerging growth company is looking for a Senior Ruby On Rails Engineer to support our triple-digit annual user growth. You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic & passionate culture looking to make a difference.
As a Director of Engineering, youll lead & grow a closely-knit team with a technology stack built on top of Ruby on Rails 5.1. We like to work with modern technologies, always try to do what is best for the customer & put more value on teamwork than rock stars & cowboys.
- Manage a team of 10 engineers & QA analysts
- Lead the technical design & development of major platform components to help the Epion platform scale with our explosive user growth.
- Collaborate with leads of other teams including product management, product design, other engineering groups, & key product stakeholders.
- Drive & uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter & ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, & integrated.
- Lead new features to improve patient experience & medical staff efficiency
- Define our product roadmaps by being data-driven & creative
- Use & promote TDD best practices
- Pair program with team members of different experiences
- Be a mentor when you have the expertise / Be a student when someone else does
Required Experience or Skills
- 10+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 5+ years leading & growing a team
- Expertise in software architecture & design for systems at scale
- Expert knowledge of feature/end-to-end & unit tests
- Experience in a startup environment with a lot of autonomy
- Understanding & commitment to Agile processes
- Great communication, particularly in explaining your coding processes, suggestions for best practices, & identifying ways to improve the teams coding quality
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience with HL7 & FHIR
- Previous experience with Docker
- Previous experience with Swift or other iOS development
- Experience with Compile to Native JS frameworks (Cordova, Ionic, React Native, etc.)
- Competitive salary with health benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Latest Apple products for your working needs
- Reimbursement options for classes or conferences
- Gym membership discount (Crunch Gym is in our building)
- We prefer local candidates to either our Hoboken, NJ or Boston, MA offices
- Will consider remote for the right hire