Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking to hire a Software Sourcing Category Specialist (Contractor) for the Strategic Sourcing team. This person will help drive all software vendor commercial contract negotiations.
You will be set up with our preferred contingent workforce vendor.
Twilio is looking for a strong individual contributor with 5+ yrs experience in Software procurement, negotiations, vendor & category management.
With a strong software procurement background you are a lead negotiator & will be well versed in various levers to attain cost savings demonstrable experience in delivering savings & value. Youll have a strong understanding of SAAS, Enterprise software & license management
- Youre data driven & detail oriented relying on research & benchmarks & your strong knowledge of the software vendor landscape
- You will have experience of negotiating software commercial concepts including true ups, tiered discount structures & penalties for burst etc.
- Exceptional skills in redling legal & commercial contract clauses
- Knowledge of RFx creation & able to draft, run, collate, & build scorecards & competitive bid diligence
- You have a strong exec presence & analytical mindset able to provide data driven insights clearly & you have a high degree of attention to detail
- You have established strong supplier, team, & partner relationships & understand key supplier compliance & software security risks
- Youre able to move fast & make right calls. An exceptional communicator
- You are an organized & Independent self-starter, able to problem solve, produce data driven insights from analysis & research & escalate as appropriate
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, utilizing JIRA for intake & Coupa (purchasing system)
- You have experience in utilizing benchmarks from Gartner, Forrestor etc to bolster your negotiation position
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Tech, Legal, Engineering or equivalent work experience (MBA preferred)
As Software Sourcing Specialist, you will:
- Lead negotiations for software category items assigned & deliver savings
- Determine appropriate pricing models, bids & contracts
- Develop data driven analysis & be very comfortable with excel - ROI, TCO models providing recommendations to address nuances in structured deals that allow scale as we grow
- Manage commercial aspects of software licensing renewal, upgrade, true-ups, draw downs etc.
- Advise/assist internal customers regarding software procurement process & update JIRA tickets & review Coupa approvals & contracts
- Work closely with finance teams to ensure negotiated contract compliance is within budget allocated
- Update systems; JIRA, Coupa, & develop recommendations/ presentations for exec review
- Work closely with legal & information security teams to review drafts of contracts & ensure the complaint process is followed in accordance with procurement policy. Obtaining legal, customer & management approval
The Strategic Sourcing Function is responsible for executing third party vendor strategy & procurement to serve Twilios Technology & Corporate needs through an efficient global sourcing, continuously driving vendors toward optimal pricing, & terms. As Twilio grows, it is critical that we leverage our purchasing power & design a thoughtful & strategic global sourcing capability to keep our fellow Twilions supplied with all the support that they need from our third-party partners.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.