ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Data Team at ACV, the Analytics Engineers primary objective is to serve the needs of ACV & its customers. The primary customers of the Data team are other internal teams within ACV, whose business objectives & KPIs guide the way we understand problems & evaluate the quality of our answers. The Analytics Engineers primary objective is to serve the needs of ACV & its customers. This role is focused on doing analysis for business needs & immediate queries from stakeholders on multiple product & tech teams.
What you will do:
- Focus on doing analysis for business needs & immediate queries from stakeholders on other teams
- Build reports & dashboards to give stakeholders visibility into relevant metrics
- Develop & analyze large data sets
- Focus on the fundamentals of great questions, good process, competent analysis, clear communication, team wins, & focused contribution to the companys needs
- With leadership guidance, be able to present analysis of a business area to stakeholders & support follow on questions, converting business questions into technical requirements
- BA/BS in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Minimum 2 years Professional Experience related to job description.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel & Visualization skills (Tableau, Mixpanel etc.) & SQL
- Data-driven & highly analytical
- Hands on coding experience with Python, R, SPSS (or other statistical packages)
- Experience writing scripts, visual basic, basic coding (HTML)
- Masters in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Experience with distributed computation systems like Spark or Dask
- Experience on AWS or Google Cloud
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.