Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development. Fastlys customers include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, & GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Sales Account Executive
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology & now we are changing how CDN is sold. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer, & delivers custom solutions. We focus on creating a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The sales teams focus is driving revenue, adoption & market penetration in targeted accounts in a vertical selling motion. The ideal candidate possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect, & software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop & execute against a territory coverage plan & consistently deliver on quarterly bookings & revenue targets.
What You'll Do
- Accountable for driving new business & logos, while meeting or exceeding quota goals, leading all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, discovery, qualification, negotiation, path to closure, & account management.
- Prepare a territory plan & use all available tools to prospect effectively, achieving activity metrics provided by Sales Managers & sales operations. Adhere to territory assignment & pass off conversations that fall into other reps' areas of responsibility.
- Work with the Sales Manager to map new accounts (incl. key stakeholders & business requirements), develop account plans, & penetrate new accounts.
- Effectively & autonomously deliver the Fastly company story, vertical talk track value proposition based presentations, & product demonstrations.
- Identify a prospects issues, recognize requirements, & effectively articulate potential solutions utilizing the Financial Services playbook & use cases.
- Work with Sales Management & the Deal desk to prepare & deliver compelling proposals, quotes, & contracts.
- Develop a deal framework for all deals set to close, including necessary stakeholders, results & timelines for both sides. Be able to communicate this effectively to the customer. Coordinate Eval/POC with the customer. Validate success criteria using the appropriate testing methodology.
- Accelerate customer adoption of Fastly technology & ensure customer satisfaction.
- Use SFDC to maintain updated account/contact information, accurately forecast bookings & revenue, track sales activity, & build target lists.
- Provide insight into the market based on first line experience & the voice of the customer.
What We're Looking For
- A self starter with 5+ years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience able to demonstrate development, growth, & expansion of territory.
- A technical sales background & a strong marketing & business development acumen that enable them to drive an engagement at the CTO, CMO, & VP of Digital Experience levels, using ROI models & case studies to justify need.
- Experience within the Financial Services market including what security technologies, content delivery network services, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery, or managed web hosting is highly utilized & desired.
- Passion for working in a multifaceted, collaborative, & purpose driven environment.
- Experience running a sales pipeline & driving partnerships to closure.
- BA/BS degree required, major in an Engineering or Business discipline: Finance, Economics, Marketing, etc.
- Ability to travel to for customer meetings, trade shows, & events as needed.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Financial Services micro segment market experience, such as FinTech, Payments & Processors, Commercial & Investment Banking, & Insurance
- Understanding how application security plays in the Financial Services marketplace.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.