Software Development Engineer in Test - New York, NY, Remote
Humanizing Digital Experiences
Kasistos Digital Experience Platform, KAI, is designed for financial institutions to deliver the industrys most amazing Conversational AI powered intelligent virtual assistants to their customers. KAI is open & extensible, & also fluent in the language of banking & finance. From simple retail transactions to the complex demands of corporate banks & wealth management, financial institutions can deliver meaningful digital interactions with KAI that help build their digital brand.
Financial institutions around the world use KAI, including DBS Bank, J.P. Morgan, Absa, Standard Chartered, TD Bank, & Manulife Bank among others. They chose KAI for its proven track record to drive business results while improving customer experiences. The platform is used by millions of consumers around the world, all the time, across multiple channels, in different languages, & is optimized for performance, scalability, security, & compliance.
We are actively seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to be responsible for testing customer facing products & solutions. You will be quick to identify high impact areas to focus testing efforts & help build out test automation wherever possible.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for creating test plans, test cases, test procedure specifications & test data for each iteration. Creation of automated test cases but also manual ones as may be needed
- Executing automated & manual quality testing to perform black box regression, performance testing, & smoke / exploratory testing methods to ensure products behavioral stability after build releases
- Gathering new feature & change requirements from Product Owners in order to create test plans & cases
- Participating in necessary meetings with the delivery team such as standup meetings, retrospectives & QA team meetings
- Opening & managing defects in a centralized ticketing platform to help fast track support for addressing product issues in a timely fashion
What you need in this position
We are seeking a QA Engineer who will help us design & develop custom testing frameworks in Python - to test backend RESTful APIs. (We are currently expanding our library in PyTest). Also, you will be responsible for automated API testing using our internal custom Python test framework.
- 1 - 3 years of experience with Python development
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience with automated RESTful API testing
- Experience writing automated tests with Python directly for backend APIs
- API Test cases creation based on requirements
- Understanding of software development, including the use of Git, SQL, HTML, CSS as well as defect ticketing systems
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills are a must
- Strong attention to detail, a passion for troubleshooting & finding bugs to improve software products, & a commitment to releasing the highest quality software
- Strong sense of task ownership
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent time management & organization Skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science / engineering or a related field
Nice to Have:
- Unit testing (ideally in the JUnit framework) is a plus
- Experience using Jira
- Experience or interest in AI systems and/or machine learning is a big plus
Location New York City, Flatiron District or Remote
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $75,000/year + equity & benefits.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US as we are unable to sponsor. Kasisto is an equal opportunity employer.