Peloton is reinventing how the world works out & stays fit! Over 5.4 million members enjoy our fabulous fitness content via our digital apps on various platforms, connected fitness devices the Peloton Bike & Tread. The Content Cloud engineering team is in a growth mode, where we are aiming to build out a top-notch platform for our studios to produce content, & Peloton devices ecosystem to consume our content.
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager who is enthusiastic about & has experience in leading a team of engineers building scalable, secure APIs that serve Pelotons content to digital apps & Pelotons connected fitness devices. You will be interfacing with all the teams building apps & devices that consume Pelotons content
As for the team, you will be working in a high velocity software engineering environment within the Content Cloud Engineering org. You will be responsible for growing & mentoring the team, leading large scale projects, working with cross functional teams to define & deliver on an exciting roadmap in Pelotons mission.
Power the Peloton Experience
As a member of Pelotons Cloud Services org. You will be building out technology solutions that enable a world class user experience across the Peloton platform for a global audience. We enable our members to take live & on-demand classes across any number of fitness disciples, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, & much more. You will be leading & building out a team of talented engineers in ensuring our members get the best possible experience.We are building a product that changes peoples lives!
Design & Development
- Assume technical leadership for APIs that integrate internally with our digital products (web, iOS, Android Mobile, TVs & more) & connected fitness devices (bike, tread), lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, & work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify & lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, secure & performant systems.
- Contribute to the design of software architecture & development of new features & functionalities in the stack.
- Support-what-you-build, including monitoring, performance tuning, & responding to incidents.
- Staff & lead a team of engineers responsible for our Content Delivery Cloud roadmap
- Lead, coach, & mentor developers.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, & engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns & industry best practices.
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use & engineering efficiency.
- Own & be responsible for entire content delivery stack, its engineering team, projects & their lifecycle
Drive Large-Scale Projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management in order to define & deliver against quarterly & annual roadmap objectives.
- Collaborate closely with internal engineering & studio partners to understand requirements for content consumption & lead fast paced projects & stay on top of client (bike, tread, apps etc.) requirements.
- Handle planning & breaking down large projects into milestones & identifying risks & dependencies.
- 8+ years of software development experience, with experience building complex backend systems
- 3+ years of leadership experience in team leadership & technology management
- Passion for building a scalable backend architecture that supports a rapid growing user base
- Well proven understanding of system design, API design & database design
- Ability to evaluate & communicate different engineering solutions & trade-offs
- Experience working with Agile methodology & delivery of quality software
- Ability to identify strengths & weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with technical leads & product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams & within teams in order to drive alignment & increase effectiveness on delivery
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with transitioning from a monolith to a micro SOA
- Experience with Python & Kotlin development
- Roll up your sleeves & take on development work, when necessary
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) & based in either our New York City HQ or Santa Clara, CA office once safe to re-open our offices.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.