Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
As the Payments Risk Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for developing a robust strategy to mitigate payments risk for Justworks. You will collaborate across departments to drive initiatives to completion. You must be able to identify & proactively address ever-evolving areas of vulnerability for our business. You will utilize your expertise & understanding of how to leverage technology-driven solutions to define risk thresholds for prospects & customers.
What youll do
- Use a data-driven approach to evaluate payments risk & design effective prospect/customer authentication policies & programs
- Identify & develop process improvements/automation to maximize efficiency of fraud detection activities
- Collaborate across departments to get buy-in from relevant stakeholders on enhancements to existing payments risk policies
- Monitor Justworks prospects, new customers, & existing customer base to mitigate payments risk & ensure authenticity of customer data
- Review, evaluate & drive selection of new vendors or technologies to enhance Justworks overall payments risk mitigation strategy
- Research & remain current on the latest industry fraud trends & recommend tools, services, & best practices for improvement & communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Lead investigations related to payments risk and/or prospect/customer authentication
Who you are
- Experienced at evaluating risk, automating & implementing fraud prevention processes
- Adept at working across multiple departments to implement standard operating procedures & establish best practices
- Able to take ownership of projects & make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse technical & non-technical groups
- Interested in laws, regulations, & requirements applicable to payments & financial services, including anti-money laundering & know-your-customer requirements
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Prior experience in fraud prevention and/or risk operations
- Payroll industry experience, treasury, and/or CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) preferred
- Proficient in SQL
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.