Genius is looking for a Product Designer to lead the end-to-end design of Geniuss website & mobile apps, & collaborate with our partners at major streaming services to design integrations akin to Spotify Behind the Lyrics or Geniuss Apple music player integration.
We are embarking on our first major redesign since 2016, which will involve creating a componentized design system flexible enough to display the full spectrum of information available on Genius on all platforms. In this role you will be responsible for creating & owning that design system, & working closely with the engineering team while they implement those changes.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connectincluding over 130 million users on Spotify & Apple Musicacross the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Cardi Bcome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Lead the design of Geniuss website & mobile apps, building & extending our componentized product design system in response to feedback.
- Work directly with external partners to design integrations akin to Spotify Behind the Lyrics or Geniuss Apple music player integration.
- Work closely with Visual Designers & Developers to ensure that our digital products are compelling & functional.
- Understand & extend a visual language for interactive systems that align with the development of our product.
- Build clean & organized creative deliverables.
- Work with CTO & developers in order to set time expectations when working on a product.
- Give structured & actionable feedback to developers, other designers & manager.
- 3+ years product/interactive design experience.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating relevant digital experience.
- Strong understanding of interactivity on the web & native mobile apps & the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, & layout.
- Careful attention to detail.
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels.
- The ability to both work autonomously & as part of a team.
- Deep knowledge & interest in music, digital media, social media & technology.
- Experience working with Sketch, Illustrator, Indesign, or similar.
- Experience working in-house/tech start-up is a plus.
- Experience working with prototyping software like Origami Studio is a plus.