When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service & selection for customers. The future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations & markets, & finding new ways to add value & reshape the food delivery landscape. Deliveroo Editions were the worlds first delivery-only kitchens, & we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
You will play a critical role in ensuring food safety is maintained across Deliveroo Edition sites. Reporting to the Head of Food Safety, you will be responsible for implementation, improvement & monitoring of food safety standards.
You may be involved in some or all of the following:
- Leading & contributing to the development & implementation of quality standard operating procedures
- Ensuring food safety procedures are consistent across all sites & comply fully with all relevant legislative requirements.
- Building networks & communicating clearly with cross functional teams & partners to develop a culture of food safety, providing coaching, mentoring, training & expert advice on all levels.
- Setting standards for food safety as well as health & safety.
- Reviewing company HACCP plan, writing policies, standards & SOPs.
- Implementation of food safety training programs.
- Managing the audit processes including scheduling, supporting sites with audit related questions, following up on any corrective actions & reporting metrics to the business.
- Supporting sites readiness for the external audits & EHO inspections & carry out internal audits as required
- Fluent proficiency in French & English.
- A strong knowledge in a related discipline (Food Technology, Nutrition, Quality, Science)
- Intermediate or advanced level HACCP qualification is highly desirable
- Minimum 2 years branded restaurant or food industry experience & used to manage a multi-sites environnement
- Working knowledge of French & EU food legislations
- Understanding of industry standards & hygienic design requirements
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines & reporting
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Capability to work unsupervised & take responsibility
- Capability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values & dynamic fast paced, changingenvironment
- Ability to travel to a various locations across France
- Some weekend working & flexibility required
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. Were a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come & join us for the ride.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.