About this Role
At Fandom, the Director, Planning, Pricing, & Yield, reports to the VP of Finance & is focused on driving revenue growth through our sales planning & selling practices. This position provides the right candidate with an opportunity to lead media monetization for a 100+ person revenue team on a platform with 300M+ monthly users.
This person will develop a framework for measurement & improving our ongoing sales planning processes. Responsibilities for this role include ownership of sales planning, analytics, & optimization of how advertising is packaged & sold. They will develop reporting to track the effectiveness of our sales efforts based on internal & external benchmarks. This person will coordinate across Sales, Marketing & Finance teams to support our annual budgeting & quarterly forecasting efforts, including capacity planning & resource allocation.
- Drive the sales planning process; establish annual growth targets tied to both market performance & company initiatives.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing & Content teams on the development & packaging of our customized sales offerings.
- Measure the performance of Fandoms ad sales planning & revenue generation based on industry, market penetration, renewals, & retention rates. Generate insights to improve future planning & performance.
- Generate insights for increasing revenue & inventory sold through our direct channel, within set boundaries for cost of goods sold & gross margin.
- Partner with Sales & FP&A teams to ensure coordination on revenue budgeting & forecasting.
- Evaluate pricing, gross margin & channel specific rate cards as a strategy for driving future revenue optimization.
- Key Activities:
- Build, maintain & enhance reporting on ad sales revenue performance.
- Leverage market research to incorporate external benchmarks for measuring revenue performance by customer & category.
- Develop new insights & recommendations to improve the monetization of media inventory.
- Measure the effectiveness of our advertising packages in terms of sell-through, eCPMs, & gross margin.
- Evaluate & approve custom rate cards & exception requests, including contract terms for viewability, audience guarantees, etc.
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative/problem-solving discipline (or equivalent training & experience).
- 7+ years related work experience in digital media planning, operations, or finance.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills. Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills; building models & analyzing trends across multiple data sources. Experience with SQL, BI, & analytics tools a plus
- Good business judgment & intellectual curiosity; ability to turn data into actionable insights & recommendations
- Experience with digital media industry standard revenue systems: Fandom currently uses Salesforce, Boostr, DoubleClick, Netsuite, & Switchboard
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer