Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a Director level role & will have special focus on promoting DevOps model to increase developer productivity throughwell-orchestrated automated services in various stages of continuousintegration & continuous delivery.
We are currently supporting 5 ProductDevelopment teams, with 35+ applications & 125+ developers across different geographies..
This is a hands-on technical role but with a high degree of collaborationto drive cultural change & raise the maturity levels of the ContinuousDelivery practices. Own Continuous Delivery specifications, quality, releasedeployments & monitoring of production health. Enable developers to shiphigh quality products & features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery & production support.
You will have responsibility to:
Work directly with agile Application Development teams to provide daily supportaligned with a model of Continuous Delivery.
Work closely with Application Development, Information Security, Infrastructure Provisioning, & Operations teams to provide fully automatedbuild & deployment routines for Development, Staging, & Production environments
Define & evolve Build & Release best practice by working within teams & educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change.
* Identify, plan & implement automation in build/deploy & environment management activities.
Responsible for deploying code & other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up & running
Balance the provisioning of day-to-day activities of a Shared Service team with more structured project work & change initiatives
Promote a Dev Ops culture through building relationships with Development & Operations & driving enhancements to the end-to-end release process (workstation to production).
Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
Lead cross-functional colocated teams in design, development & implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring & self-healing, & facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in software industry in either development or build & release in Java, .NET environment.
- Should have hands on & good understanding on DevOps tools & automation framework. Experience with Build, Deployment & CI tools such as TFS VNEXT, Bamboo, Jenkins,Maven, Gradel.
- A working understanding of code & script ( Python, Ruby)
- Experience with automation/tools configuration management using either Chef, Docker or an equivalent, focusing on faster provisioning, reliability & consistency.
- Design & develop continuous deployment pipeline, integrating GIT(Bitbucket), Jenkins & Chef
- Data management skills for Analytics
- Understanding & efficiency in collaboration, open communication & reaching across functional borders
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Mentor engineers on technology, process, people, & product skills.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.