Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating a world class candidate experience & matching the business needs with the skills & expertise of talented professionals.
We are looking for a Recruiter who has experience with high volume in a fast growing environment.
What Youll Be Doing
- Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting & evaluating job candidates; on a consistent set of qualifications, advising managers on hiring & managing all candidate pre-hire requirements. Works with hiring manager to finalize job description & qualifications
- Develop & maintain a network & pipeline of talent in a high quality / high volume / high demand environment. Ability to manage an average of 15-20 open engagements simultaneously is a must
- Analyze recruitment metrics to identify areas of improvement & provide data-driven recommendations to hiring team members & key stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes
- Responsible for meeting hiring goals by filling open positions with talented & qualified candidates & strategically think about filling roles for the year
- Participate in regular strategy meetings with hiring managers & HRBPs, providing a consultative approach on talent.
- Build & maintain proactive partnerships with all internal & external client groups in order to understand the business needs, staffing needs & issues, & offer solutions through creative & effective sourcing resources & tools.
- Gather competitive intelligence, industry trends, & labor market conditions & create search strategies based on findings.
- Point person for D & I committee for organization & ensures all diverse recruiting goals are met for organization.
- Works to build a diverse pipeline, through networking, building relationships with diversity organizations in tech, educating hiring managers on unconscious bias, & establishing a process that encourages successful D&I outcomes.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies & practices; monitoring job offers & compensation practices; & emphasizing benefits & perks.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation for US & Global markets recruiting in & enforcing regulations with managers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, keeping up with recruiting trends, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, & participating in professional organizations.
What Well Expect From You:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relentless follow up, resourcefulness & very strong communication skills. Able to successfully manage hiring managers expectations on hiring.
- Proven & successful track record of sourcing large pipelines through various channels, such as LinkedIn, Eightfold, & screening/interviewing qualified candidates or any other applicable resources.
- Strong Relationship Builder with hiring managers & all recruiting partners.
- Has basic understanding of equity, company benefits & perks, in order to answer candidates questions
- Excellent negotiating & closing skills
- Experience within startup & high growth companies.
- Understands & can sell company brand & organization & recommend unique & creative ways to overcome recruiting challenges
- Familiarity with relevant immigration Law as related to recruiting
- Professionalism, organization, & project management skills
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements
- 10+ years recruiting experience in full life-cycle environment, including management of multiple high-volume, high business impact roles simultaneously
- Experience dealing with C Suite & senior leaders in a mid size & growing organization
- Bachelors degree required. Knowledge of tech recruiting/industry a plus
- High Competency in recruiting software tools/sources, such as, Greenhouse or other ATS systems, Google Suite, & LinkedIn
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company event, Shark Week, to get quality time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs..
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!