Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people & technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while allowing for strong security protection. The Okta service integrates directly with an organizations existing directories & identity systems, as well as 6,500+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement Okta quickly at large scale & low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, & Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, & stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit https://www.okta.com.
In this role, you will be tasked with providing hands-on implementation & deployment services to our customers. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic & hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Okta platform, our technology & the value proposition that we bring to customers of all sizes. You will lead multiple concurrent customer deployment projects with the number one goal to ensure long-term customer success. Additionally you will engage with the full Customer Success team in order to assure a smooth transition post-deployment to the support/maintenance phases. Finally, you will also be responsible for the continuous improvement of delivery processes & methods.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Work hands on with Okta customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting services.
- Gather, analyze, & document post-sales requirements.
- Communicate to customers & partners at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
- Be dedicated in providing excellent design & deployment solutions resulting in extraordinary customer satisfaction.
- Be prompt & deliver high quality service & leadership to align with customer goals & requests.
- Manage project scope, schedule, status, & documentation.
- Mentor & train customers on the service.
- Act as a liaison between Customers & Product Management to drive product development.
- Lead interaction & collaboration with other Okta teams such as Engineering & Support as needed to address escalated issues.
- Interact with management & other roles within the customer organization & Okta.
- Collaborate with the sales team on existing customers up-sell & cross-sell opportunities.
- Perform hands on technical design, configuration, & troubleshooting of the Okta service.
- Shape & Influence Oktas growth & scalability, by designing new offerings, & finding new ways to deliver amazing customer satisfaction.
- Manage multiple concurrent deployment projects.
- Apply knowledge of technologies & protocols to support identity federation & robust access control models, such as SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, & OpenID Connect.
- While providing customer service, apply knowledge of cloud architectures as well as complex enterprise on-premise IT landscapes.
- You will use your SaaS deployment experience with applications such as Salesforce, Box, Office 365, Workday & HR as master for identities.
- Apply software development experience (Java, Ruby, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc) when working with customers.
- Utilize knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes & standards.
- May provide mentoring, guidance, & expertise to less experienced team members.
- Ensure quality & time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking).
- Commit to & use a knowledge repository for deployment standard methodologies & other customer ideas as continuous improvement.
- 25% future travel required to customer sites.
- 5+ years experience as a technical consultant delivering solutions to external customers.
- Software development experience (Java, Ruby, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc).
- Some knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security & cutting-edge infrastructures.
- Familiar with API management using Mulesoft, Axway or Apigee preferred.
- Ability to work independently & multi-functionally supporting the development of client work you're doing.
- General knowledge of cloud architectures as well as complex enterprise on-premise IT landscapes.
- Knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes & standards.
- SaaS deployment experience: Salesforce, Box, Office 365, Workday & HR as master for identities preferred.
- Ability to Multi-task & manage multiple customer engagements is a requirement.
- Able & willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Superb communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging & crisis management.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision-making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information & Developing Standards.
Nice to have:
- Experience in designing & implementing security & identity management solutions to support critical systems & business programs.
- Experience with technologies & protocols to support identity federation & robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect).
- AD & LDAP experience is preferred.
- Exhibits confidence & an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Asks probing questions to elicit facts & clarify a situation.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Engages appropriate resource to obtain information, seek suggestions & acquire assistance.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices & customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal & external customers & all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully.
- Uses active listening skills to figure out & understand the customer's business goals, objectives & priorities.
Team & Customer Interaction:
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs & evaluate alternative technical solutions with customers.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction & deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.