BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is hiring a manager to work in the companys law department to support the corporate secretarial function.
- Support corporate secretarial function
- Act as a public notary & maintain corporate records, including minute books & corporate resolutions
- Advise, plan & prepare for board of director & stockholder meetings for BuzzFeed & all of its affiliated companies & JVs
- Design & create board book materials, including PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with the formation, maintenance, dissolution & restructuring of legal entities, including legal entity corporate compliance activities, such as annual meetings, appointment of directors & officers, powers of attorney, annual reports, & related document preparation & filing
- Attend to registration & other corporate entity compliance requirements in the United States & in multiple non-U.S. jurisdictions
- Build & maintain a database of subsidiaries along with all related corporate records (for example, minute books & other documents)
- Collaborate with business on legal entity filings & the renewal of registrations & licenses
- Have strong organizational skills
- Pay careful attention to details & deadlines
- Exercise great discretion & can be trusted with highly confidential information
- Have experience interacting with senior executive management, investors & members of the board directors
- Be able to multitask & prioritize
- Take pride in & are skilled at written & verbal communication
- Are cool under pressure
- Have unimpeachable integrity
- Possess a sense of humor
- Carry yourself with humility, grace & professionalism
- Are fun, upbeat & have a glass-half-full view of the world
You Ideally Have
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree a plus (JD, MBA, CPA)
- 7-10 years of legal entity management experience, preferably in a corporate legal department
- Extensive prior work in managing corporate records
- Knowledge of both the U.S. & international legal entity management landscape
- Experience in entertainment and/or media
- Superior computer skills a must (including Microsoft Office & the Google Workplace Suite, redlining/comparison software tools, setting up complex databases & tables, & board management applications such as Diligent or Boardvantage)
- Past work in designing & creating board presentations
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Willingness to work remotely for the near future, with an ability to physically work in the companys Manhattan, New York or Los Angeles, California offices once the company ends remote work
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.