Are you an innovative & creative person, looking to bring your ideas to life on social media for an exciting brand? Does staying up to date on trends & applying them to create engaging content sound like the perfect job for you? Have you been managing social media for a brand, or maybe a successful side-hustle, & want to take it to the next level?
Betterment is seeking an experienced social media marketer to grow our organic social media program. We are looking for someone who brings creative energy & thrives in a fast-paced & collaborative environment. Youll be joining the Growth team at Betterment, where we focus on growing our customer base through innovative marketing programs. As a member of our team youll be part of a supportive community that empowers each other to take ownership & bring creative ideas to fruition. Youll play a pivotal role in advancing our mission: making personalized financial advice available for all, helping people make their goals & dreams a reality.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop & execute an organic social media strategy for Betterment that helps drive customer growth across owned social channels
- Establish & be accountable for key performance indicators across channels & content types, that ladder up to greater business growth goals
- Build & execute a content calendar across prioritized channels, working with partners in creative design, compliance & more to publish content
- Write engaging content copy for social media channels & website, implementing & evolving Betterments voice for social platforms
- Monitor social performance & engagement, providing biweekly & monthly performance reporting that informs broader strategic pivots
- Actively monitor social channels (social listening) on behalf of the brand, key competitors, & general industry trends to identify opportunities for engagement
- Partner with PR, paid channel leads, content, & creative partners to concept & execute integrated campaigns
- Collaborate with customer service & strategic operations teams to identify trends in social outreach from customers, & grow loyalty, retention & customer community on our social channels
What Were Looking For:
- Direct experience in growing a brand on Social Media on behalf of major, mid-size, startup or personal brand
- Savvy & knowledgeable in utilizing platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, reddit & more
- Proven ability to be highly creative & innovative, including experience developing far-reaching/viral social media campaigns
- Self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing, editing & interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with other teams, including internal departments & third-party vendors
- Passionate about creating a world that is more equitable & just
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells & BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.