GROUP NINE is always looking for highly creative individuals that are in search of freelance work & that excel in any of the following: visual storytelling for graphic design, typography, photography, video, writing, scripting, social media & motion graphics focusing, producing, editing, or any video logistics.
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of design work. Candidates who do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected.
- Creative with a strong desire to learn & grow.
- Passionate about making beautiful work!
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Loves to collaborate & work with a large team.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Keynote, Google Slides.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to changing digital landscape.
Our branded video content runs the gamut from 15 second Facebook posts to 30 minute live productions. We execute video on every social platform & build to specific KPI. Above all, we tell amazing stories about & on behalf of brands as only a true publisher can.
The ideal candidates are a highly collaborative professional with both editorial & client-direct experience. In addition to standard video Production responsibilities, were looking for candidates with a passion for storytelling on new platforms & social media; an ability to both dream big & execute on a budget; a skill for creating incredible content that integrates brands without compromising editorial quality; & a burning desire to work in a fast-paced, high-impact environment that requires everyone involved be ready to turn on a dime.
- Overseeing all aspects of video production, including research, editorial direction, production, post-production, & budgeting
- Support on set as a coordinator/producer/runner
- Work on a wide range of videos that seamlessly integrate clients from a range of consumer categories (Auto, Finance, CPG, Beer/Wine/Spirits) into the video tone of Group Nines brands (NowThis, Thrillist, The Dodo, Seeker, PopSugar), & ensure the creative vision that was sold through is executed on time, on budget & on brand
- Execute videos designed for consumption across all available platforms, including on-site, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat & Instagram
- Help build & manage project budgets & schedules
- Negotiate rates with freelance crews & vendors
- Work with Brandshop Operations & Legal teams to execute vendor & talent contracts
Our Art Department is responsible for creating unique & compelling designs for a large range of projects, verticals, & brand initiatives. We seek talented, hard-working, innovative, pixel-perfect Freelance Designers to join Brandshops Art Department. They will work closely with other designers, art directors, & cross-functional teams to achieve design goals across all projects. They must be natural problem-solvers & bring the best creative ideas to the table.
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of design work
NOTE: Any candidates that do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected
- 2-5 years experience in Graphic Design
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent typography/composition skills. Hand lettering and/or illustration skills are a plus!
- Strong time management skills & ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Keynote, Google Slides, (Pluses - Celtra, Splash, Ceros, After Effects)
Our branded content team creates articles for brands across food, travel, entertainment, health, fashion, beauty, & more. We present brand products, services, & messaging in a way thats fun, thoughtful, & shareable, targeting out our unique Group Nine audiences while hitting specific brand KPIs. Our team is rooted in editorial, & trained to leverage a blend of insights, data, & trends, for authentic content that not only resonates with readers but also stimulates action to click & shop. Our ever-evolving content formats & original photos, illustrations, & graphics allow us to produce the best & most addictive content on behalf of brands.
Our freelancer network is crucial to our success, as we frequently tap locals for travel guides, food & spirits experts for recipe creation, & a wide range of writers to craft personal essays, among other needs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Idea generation around specific themes
- Outreach to local venues
- Sourcing imagery
- Creating original articles or features with clean, well thought-out copy
- Receiving & working through edits from our internal team as well as feedback from our brand clients
- Building articles in our CMS