Who are we?
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL games, all major soccer leagues, & a wide range of college & other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, & entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, & Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku & Chromecast.
About the Role:
The Video Input/Output team at fuboTV is looking for an exceptional Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for resilient infrastructures & architectural simplicity. This is a Software Engineering role for someone thats passionate about reducing operational overhead by writing autohealing & globally resilient services.
As a member of the Video Input/Output team at fuboTV, you will work on low latency data processing systems that are placed under constant load with near real-time demands. Additionally, you will engineer elegant & reliable solutions for building on top of inconsistent cloud infrastructures that fuboTV uses to cost-effectively scale to support millions of concurrent users.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on a small, dedicated team, this role also requires aptitude for removing complexity from existing architectures, performing frequent code reviews, mentoring fellow engineers, & representing fuboTV & its interests with third parties & vendors.
All fuboTV Backend Software Engineers must:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain, & improve software systems
- Have 4+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Be familiar with REST APIs & SQL
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies & methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and/or microservices
- Collaborate with other engineers & members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities & best practices, & refine functional requirements
Site Reliability Engineers on the Video Input/Output team are expected to have the following:
- 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software or software-defined infrastructure in a high traffic environment run on a cloud hosting environment (GCP or AWS preferred)
- 4+ years of customer-facing services Linux System Administration
- 4+ years experience coding in Go, Python, Ruby, Java, or shell languages
- Experience running/maintaining a highly-available relational database
- Experience writing or scaling backend applications
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Stackdriver, Cloudwatch, Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk)
- Experience debugging & profiling software run on a Linux operating system (e.g. GDB, PProf, etc.)
- Experience & comfort with continuous delivery/frequent releases of code to production
- A methodical & logical approach to reasoning about problems & system interactivity
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation & act as a subject matter expert for fuboTV-internal groups
- Willingness & ability to prioritize business needs to meet short-term demands
- An unwillingness to tolerate user-facing downtime
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, & agile (with a lowercase a) methodologies.
Additionally, the Senior level role for the Video Input/Output team has some additional expectations:
- Have demonstrated expertise in delivering production-quality software in a low-latency, high-throughput environment using a strongly-typed language
- Demonstrated expertise designing & implementing global infrastructures that can handle hundreds of thousands of requests per second
- Self-motivated & capable of driving high-complexity projects to completion
- Conduct design reviews for new & existing code
- Either have production experience working with media streaming protocols (e.g. HTTP Live Streaming) or willingness to learn
- Remain informed of industry best-practices & standards & promote their use internally to the Video Input/Output group (e.g. better alternatives for distributed storage, superior logging/telemetry frameworks)
- Enhance the quality of our codebases while increasing their simplicity, as well as providing mentoring to help teammates do the same
The ideal candidate will also:
- Experience with application orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Production experience in a strongly-typed language (especially Go)
- Enjoy learning new things & sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving & receiving honest (but polite) feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company