BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed has an opening for an experienced Accounting Manager, OpEx for our NY or LA office location (we are currently in the WFH environment into 2021). Reporting to our Sr. Manager, Accounting, you will be responsible for the oversight of the opex & accounts payable team members, support of the monthly, quarterly & year end close processes for multiple subsidiaries both domestic & international, adherence & improvements to internal controls, & ad hoc tasks.
As a member of a growing & fast-paced team, you will be an integral part of the Accounting team to support BuzzFeed's advancing business. Process driven, an analytical mindset, & autonomy are necessary for this role. Additionally, as with any position involving financial responsibility, a sharp eye for detail is paramount.
You will be based in our NY or LA office & will report to the Sr. Manager, Accounting.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, & initiate corrective action
- Achieve operational objectives by resolving problems, supporting audits, determining system improvements, & implementing change.
- Continue to develop & establish necessary efficiencies for collecting, analyzing & reporting of financial information
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders to improve accuracy & timelines for key inputs
- Support & oversight for the OPEX & Accounts Payable ongoing functions
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing & understanding policies & procedures
- Maintain appropriate financial confidentiality
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities & maintaining personal networks
- Accomplish accounting & organization mission by completing related results as needed
- A degree in Accounting or related field
- 5-10 years experience in accounting
- CPA a plus
- Proficiency in NetSuite
- Proficiency in Concur
- Knowledge in Production Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions) & suite of programs
- Ability to effectively delegate & meet necessary deadlines
- Confidence in reporting of results
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.