CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues & more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, were working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused & customer-centric Software Engineer to join our team where you would be responsible for enhancing an application platform that front end application developers across CLEAR will use. This role offers an exciting opportunity to create & iterate on new versions of the platform while influencing architecture, & tackling our unique technical challenges. This is an amazing opportunity to help drive growth of our product & our team!
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable backend services & software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, & a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build or enhance backend platform services that power CLEARs user-facing applications
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, & general reliability as well as functional tests
- Implement new features & optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Understand various systems in our platform & how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Work with stakeholders, both internal & external, to determine different use cases for the CLEAR API
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience building distributed backend services using Java or similar
- Experience developing & publishing APIs
- Experience working with Docker, bonus if worked with Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring services & infrastructure using charting frameworks (Graphite, SignalFx, DataDog, ELK etc) and/or logging frameworks (SumoLogic, Splunk etc)
- Experience with event-based system design & microservice patterns
- Familiarity with observability principles like MTTD, MTTR etc & the Four Golden Signals
- You have the ability & willingness to work with any language building both simple back-end applications or utility scripts
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal & collaboration skills