Company Description|Job Description
Denodo Technologies is a leader on Enterprise Data Virtualization software.
At Denodo, we embrace diversity. We enjoy the challenge of being outside our comfort zone. We thrive in dynamic environments. And at the risk of sounding clich, we work hard, & we play hard.
Whatever it is, our employees of all ages & nationalities share a vibrant & optimistic view that life, & also data integration, can be made much better. We're busy working with some of the most leading & exciting technologies in the area of data integration - including Hadoop, NoSQL databases, cloud services, data warehouses, data visualization & analytics tools.
Denodo's growth as a business depends on being innovative & creative, on delivering the best solutions with the highest levels of customer satisfaction & on having a unique piece of technology to solve real customer problems. And a company can only be as forward-thinking as its people, which explains why we have become the leading developer of Data Virtualization, Data Services & Cloud Data Integration technologies & solutions for the enterprise.
We Understand Our Customer's Pain Points. And we are dedicated to help our customers get timely access to data in a world of fragmented repositories, diverse technologies & rapid data growth. We have witnessed their success as they embrace & experience data management through data virtualization. We believe in eliminating data congestion. We believe in the liberation of data”. And now we are the catalyst for fostering the enterprise use of data, & for tapping into new data sources like NoSQL, Hadoop, Web, Cloud & the Internet of Things (IoT). Today Denodo has become a global data force. We have become the key enabler of best data integration practices around the world. We carry our message & our solutions everywhere, from South Africa to Norway, & Brazil to Japan. We love to team with our customers. We share their experiences & we solve their problems. And we do that with a service culture that has been the cornerstone of our business.
Denodo was founded in 1999 with its headquarters in the Silicon Valley, & operates globally from its offices in Palo Alto, New York, Chicago & Boise in the USA, & London, Paris, Munich, Madrid & A Coruña in Europe, & Chennai & Singapore in APAC, as well as through a network of global & local partners worldwide.
As a Cloud System Administratoryou will be part of Denodo's Services Engineering teamwhich provides design, deployment & support for IT systems, services & requirements in all Denodo locations. The team isresponsible for supportingour customers, partnersand internal teams in delivering heterogeneous on-premise & cloud based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud...) & operatinguser applications & services; tools & environments for devops teams; & IT assets.
If you are passionate about IT systems & Cloud & willing to work on cutting edge technologies, Denodois your place to work. As a key member of our team, we are looking for driven individuals that love technology whether it's programming applications, building cloud infrastructure architecture, automation or data center operational excellence.
About the Job
As a Cloud System Administratoryou will be involved in system design & implementation, process automation, & troubleshooting to help improving & operatingDenodo IT infrastructure & platforms.
- Perform operating system, network & cloud infrastructure administration.
- Monitor, troubleshoot & tune up running systems to ensure SLA meet business requirements.
- Design, plan & implement solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, & efficiency of applications & services.
- Help to automate common task to improve the support workflow.
- Assist & collaborate with devops teams.
- Help maintain Inventory of assets, software & hardware
- Contribute to document architectures, deployments & installations
- Responsible for data backup & recovery, security & administration.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery & Incident Response Planning.
- Bepart of the On-call duties to support Denodo infrastructure & platforms.
Minimum required skills & qualifications:
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science or proved related knowledge or experience.
- Fluent in English to join a global team. Additional laguages will be a plus.
- Experience working with network protocols & services: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS.
- Experience working & troubleshooting in server environments (Windows, Linux).
- Scripting experience in one or more of: Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Lua, Java.
- Service oriented approach to collaborate with other Denodo teams.
- Problem solving.
- Self-driven, professional curiosity & the ability to quickly adoptnew technologies & tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a dynamic environment, with tight deadlines.
Additional skills & qualifications we value:
- Experience in one or more of virtualization technologies (VMWare Vsphere, VMWare vCenter, VMWare vRealize, OpenVZ, OpenStack).
- Experience working with Monitoring Tools (Zabbix, Nagios).
- Experience working with firewall & VPN deployments.
- Experience working with Databases (install, configure & troubleshooting): MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with Web & Application Servers (install, configure & troubleshooting): Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere...
- Experience on public clouds (AWS, AZURE, GoogleCloud...).
- Experience working with Version Control Tools (Git, Subversion).
- Experience working with Java Applications (install, configure, troubleshooting & optimization).
- Experience in one or more of Configuration Management tools (puppet, ansible, chef, cfengine, salt).
- Experience working with continuous integration tools (Jenkins...).
- Experience working with containers (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker...).
- Experience with Big Data solutions (Hadoop...).
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (MongoDB...).
- Experience working with communication solutions (video conferencing, VoIP...).
- Knowledge about general security awareness & data privacy compliance.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.