About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Founded in 2007, today over 15 million learners, teachers, & parents around the world use our website & apps every month to learn math, science, humanities, coding & more. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
About the Role
Khan Academy is looking for a temporary, part time Social & Community Content Producer to help engage our thriving online community of K-12 teachers in the United States. The social & community content producer will be responsible for curating & creating content that is relevant, conversational, & maintains a positive atmosphere within the community. This position will be roughly 20-25 hours per week over 6 months ($45/hr).
Your Day to Day May Include
- While maintaining an active pulse on the online community, you'll research & craft relevant topics to actively engage with our social channels
- Producing copy for 2-3 social media posts/week, adhering to brand & style guidelines. Occasional & minimal graphic design (e.g., changing text on a visual).
- Producing 1-2 posts/week in the online community to make new members feel welcome & start threads meant to spur engagement
- During campaigns, plan, produce, & manage social posts & community threads to support campaign goals.
You May be a Good Fit If You Have
- Experience creating engaging social media content for an organization at scale
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to align to brand specific guidelines
- Experience engaging with an active online community
- An inclination towards action, even in the face of challenge or ambiguity
- A strong attention to detail & ability to work independently while yielding high results
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in the education field or deep empathy for K-12 educators
- Passion for Khan Academys mission & products
How to apply
Complete the online job application & provide links to social media pages/communities you have managed or worked on & a content portfolio with prior copywriting & community management examples.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.